Mod Pics

BAD SANTA

Hey Gorman, what is your wc kit did you get it from EK and I have been thinking about getting one and looking at the EK stuff which looks pretty good.
Will a 240 rad, 200 rad and a 120 rad be enough for a full MB block, full GPU block and CPU block?
Also what do you think of the koolance drive bay pump/res or should I go with separate pump/res?

Gorman

Author Level
Hey Gorman, what is your wc kit did you get it from EK and I have been thinking about getting one and looking at the EK stuff which looks pretty good.
Will a 240 rad, 200 rad and a 120 rad be enough for a full MB block, full GPU block and CPU block?
Also what do you think of the koolance drive bay pump/res or should I go with separate pump/res?

Mine is from all over the shop, the GPU block and res are EK i think.

I run mine off a 360 with no problems and have run the same off a 240 without much higher temps.

Personally i prefer seperate pump / res.

Gorman

Author Level
I check mine every month or so, or when i hear an odd gargle. I change the water and give it a clean every six or so, usually before a LAN event or to change tubing etc.

I put in a fairly robust set of sensors and alarm system to monitor the pump etc after my first one failed and i had no clue until the machine shut down.

BAD SANTA

Her is my rig before and after. I completely rewired it, took out the HDD bays and relocated one of them to the left next to the PSU (there is actually brackets on the floor of the 600t that is designed for this purpose, then I removed the old HDD mounting block so that there is even more airflow (it just had 4 screws underneath the case).
I then removed the Coolit rad/fan and installed 2x Arctic Cooling F12 fans in push/pull configuration and remounted the unit. Last but not least I installed the original 120mm fan from the Coolit into the spare drive bay slots to have even more airflow but had to zip tie it in place as there was no way of mounting it properly.

img0128lj.jpg

img0335s.jpg

img0123sr.jpg

img0337z.jpg

Teaz

Godlike
@santa Your case looks soo neat Santa! Repp!

@gorman How much did you spend on your whole watercooling system alone and does it cost you any extra throughout the years for any adjustments or maintenance to keep it in top shape?

samx300

Enthusiast
Her is my rig before and after. I completely rewired it, took out the HDD bays and relocated one of them to the left next to the PSU (there is actually brackets on the floor of the 600t that is designed for this purpose, then I removed the old HDD mounting block so that there is even more airflow (it just had 4 screws underneath the case).
I then removed the Coolit rad/fan and installed 2x Arctic Cooling F12 fans in push/pull configuration and remounted the unit. Last but not least I installed the original 120mm fan from the Coolit into the spare drive bay slots to have even more airflow but had to zip tie it in place as there was no way of mounting it properly.

img0128lj.jpg

img0335s.jpg

img0123sr.jpg

img0337z.jpg

My GAWD, that Cable Management is sweeeeeeeetttttt!! :) :D

Teaz

Godlike
Im just jealous of that big gap he has as that is 100% free airflow lol, you could prob fit a guys head in there with ease, thats how big that gap is.