moniter

MICK

hello again all
anyone that saw my other post in the other thread named (moniter) will realise i am after a new one preferably larger ie 32 inch.last year my wife wanted a new flat screen for the bedroom wall saw one and it was fairly cheap for a 32 inch.
anyway she told me to get 2 one for bedroom and one for my old computer then.
it was an HDMI tv and my old computer had the DVI socket so i got the appropriate connector and on some resolutions it worked and others not,sometimes the screen went blank alltogether and the only way i could get it back was by putting my old moniter back on and resetting it.
when i got my new computer from pcs it had a HDMI socket on the back,thought great got another cable and set it up,firstly i didnt get any sound from the lcd tv,from my normal speakers i did though.
secondly the resolution behaved as before some it would and others it wouldnt and somtimes not a picture at all as i said earlier.
i loved the 32 inch screen as its fantastic for my flight sim,but had to put my old 20 inch flat moniter back on as it gives better resolution all sizes.
am i doing something wrong or are lcd tvs a no no.regards mick

LDUK

Master Poster
hello again all
anyone that saw my other post in the other thread named (moniter) will realise i am after a new one preferably larger ie 32 inch.last year my wife wanted a new flat screen for the bedroom wall saw one and it was fairly cheap for a 32 inch.
anyway she told me to get 2 one for bedroom and one for my old computer then.
it was an HDMI tv and my old computer had the DVI socket so i got the appropriate connector and on some resolutions it worked and others not,sometimes the screen went blank alltogether and the only way i could get it back was by putting my old moniter back on and resetting it.
when i got my new computer from pcs it had a HDMI socket on the back,thought great got another cable and set it up,firstly i didnt get any sound from the lcd tv,from my normal speakers i did though.
secondly the resolution behaved as before some it would and others it wouldnt and somtimes not a picture at all as i said earlier.
i loved the 32 inch screen as its fantastic for my flight sim,but had to put my old 20 inch flat moniter back on as it gives better resolution all sizes.
am i doing something wrong or are lcd tvs a no no.regards mick

That's now two threads with "Monitor" spelt wrong lol.

Gorman

Author Level

Depending on the TV screen, some resolutions just are not supported by the device. They are not nearly as versatile as conventional monitors.

The sound issue is most likely a missing connection inside the machine, is it an ATI card?

With nvidia there usually needs to be a cable connecting the sound card to the video card so it can be passed through. If its ATI they have a sound device built into the card and this needs to be selected as the default audio device in windows for the sound to be sent out through HDMI.

LDUK

Master Poster
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise correcting someones spelling mistake was rude. Next time it happens I'll jst let them spell wrong.

Matt

Bright Spark
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise correcting someones spelling mistake was rude. Next time it happens I'll jst let them spell wrong.

Think someone just not negged. ;)

oh_no_you_didnt.gif

Gorman

Author Level

Haha, just seen this.

trophy.gif

This award goes to LDUK for getting the first ever negative rep on the forum.

Its a proud moment, we all knew he had it in him. Three cheers!