Monitor become black when I install windows

amnesialocal

Hello everyone,

I have already a problem with my pc.
I bought it without OS, and now I'm trying to install my windows 7 pro, but during the installation process, after the first reboot, the monitor become black and stop....

After 3 hours the monitor is still black and the it can not continue with the installation.....

Any suggestion...
In windows support it said is related with support eDP or something similar with the graphic card.... But honestly I have not idea what they talking about...

What I have to do?

Regards,

amnesialocal

I don't have AMD but nvidia

And now is black and point....
If I switch off and on again the pc I listen sounds like windows start but the monitor is black!!!!!!

So the pc is useless!!!!!

I have to call the technical support?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
All I can suggest is make sure your monitor is connected to the the Nvidia card and not onboard graphics card and/or try a different HDMI or DVI cable.
Failing this if confident in doing so you could try reseating the graphics card.

amnesialocal

The monitor works perfectly with other pc....

But now the pc doesn't work....!!!
How can I check things if I can NOT see the monitor!!!

How can I reset things??? From where?

I'm desperate and very upset!!!!

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
The monitor works perfectly with other pc....

But now the pc doesn't work....!!!
How can I check things if I can NOT see the monitor!!!

How can I reset things??? From where?

I'm desperate and very upset!!!!
You can still check the connections as I suggested.

amnesialocal

Or what I have to buy?

I'm not expert and also install windows was. Wry difficult for me... And no idea where I can find this things.

amnesialocal

I have now the monitor connection with the blue socket.... There are other socket like HDMI and other that I never sow before like with strange pin....
I have also a converter from blue socket to this strange new socket... And I have try to connect it but the monitor continue don't work...

amnesialocal

I have nvidia gtx 760 and the monitor has the blue one and DVI.... I. Hight in maplin a dvi cable.... And they said is better than converter for HDMI.... I don't know...
Also they suggest me in case to remove the graphic card and put it again...
Could this work?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I have nvidia gtx 760 and the monitor has the blue one and DVI.... I. Hight in maplin a dvi cable.... And they said is better than converter for HDMI.... I don't know...
Also they suggest me in case to remove the graphic card and put it again...
Could this work?
The GTX 760 has 2x DVI, 1xHDMI,and 1x DP port.
The "converter" you mention is likely to be a DVI to VGA (blue connection) you can connect your monitor by plugging the DVI end into the Nvidia card and using an VGA cable to connect to your monitor.
But it should work with a DVI to DVI cable as well as long as it's connected to the Nvidia card.
Failing that it might be worth reseating the graphics card as I suggested.
You say you have the monitor connected to the blue (VGA) port,this makes me think you are connecting to the onboard card as the GTX 760 doesn't have a VGA port.

Last edited:

amnesialocal

Ok!
The monitor was connected onboard.... Before...
Now with the dvi cable I connected to the nvidia....
And the monitor works.... But.... Low resolution and I don't know war I have to do now....

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Ok!
And the monitor works.... But.... Low resolution and I don't know war I have to do now....
You probably need to install the graphics driver,you should have a disk for this or you can download from Nvidia website.
First you should install the drivers from the motherboard disk.

T

TheGeeza

Ok!
Have you installed the graphics card drivers for nvidias website?
http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers

amnesialocal

It doesn't work also Ethernet cable... I don't have Internet

An probably because I have stop the windows installation in process... Could it be this?
So I can not download the drivers...

I have a dvd ... I have install it...

Could I try to reinstall windows now that I have a I divi cable?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
It doesn't work also Ethernet cable... I don't have Internet

An probably because I have stop the windows installation in process... Could it be this?
So I can not download the drivers...

I have a dvd ... I have install it...

Could I try to reinstall windows now that I have a I divi cable?
Probably best start from scratch and reinstall Windows,then install the motherboard drivers from disk provided(this also contains the driver for your ethernet internet connection),then the graphics driver from link given by TheGeeza.
Make sure you install an anti-virus program,I use microsoft security essentials which is free,activate windows with the product key on the back of the case then run Windows update.

Last edited: