Monitor detecting no signal from pc

Mark1999

For a few days, whilst I've had the pc on the monitor would say no signal randomly. Whilst playing a game etc. I could still hear music from the game in the background. After a while, this would happen and I started to hear a buzzing sound from the speakers. I had to turn off the pc and turn it back on for the monitor to start again. Now, when I start the pc, the monitor is saying no signal. I haven't been able to fix this issue.

I've recently got a new rtx 3070 gpu, I have a ryzen 5 3600 cpu, 16gb 3200 ram. And a 650w psu. The motherboard is a Asus rog strix b450. I'm getting a new cpu fan and 850w psu to upgrade the pc. I'm hoping that when I do the new build, it will be working as usual. I'm just not sure what could be causing the problem exactly. I appreciate any help.

Mark1999

Yes, it is. How do I attach my specs from the order page? I've forgotten how to check it haha. I've just changed the gpu. It was previously a Radeon 5700xt.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yes, it is. How do I attach my specs from the order page? I've forgotten how to check it haha. I've just changed the gpu. It was previously a Radeon 5700xt.
just go to your order page and copy and paste the spec here ensuring you remove your windows key

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
No not photos, copy and paste the text of all of the spec, how to do this is explained in the final post in this thread

Last edited:

Mark1999

Thank you. Here it is.

Case
NZXT H511 MID-TOWER GAMING CASE (WHITE)
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.2GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING (DDR4, USB 3.1, 6Gb/s) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
RADEON 5700XT
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2200 MB/R, 1500 MB/W)
1st Storage Drive
512GB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 450MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
PCS FrostFlow 100 RGB Series High Performance CPU Cooler (AMD)
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Extra Case Fans
2x 120mm Black Case Fan
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
BullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
Browser
Microsoft® Edge
Monitor Cables
1 x 2m DisplayPort Cable - DP (M) to DP (M)
Keyboard & Mouse
ASUS TUF K1 Gaming Keyboard & M3 Mouse Bundle
Mouse Pad
PCS Mouse Mat
Cable Management
3 x PCS 1.5M Zip Cable Tidy - Professional Cable Management
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

Mark1999

For further information, when I start the pc it makes 4 beeping sounds. One long, three short. There is also a white light displayed on the motherboard. That stays constantly, no flashes. It says cpu and is at the top of the motherboard, to the left of the ram.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Remove and reset the GPU. Make sure all power cables to it are secure. Do you still have the original GPU? Could you try and fit that and see if issue is resolved?

Mark1999

I'm removing the gpu now. I still have the 5700xt. However, I've already uninstalled the drivers from my system. Is it still okay to put in to see if the system boots? Or I will just reinsert the 3070 and update you on what happens.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Try with 3700 first, as that's the card you want to work going forward. If same result, swap for 5700XT and see if it boots.

Mark1999

Thank you! I've reseated the 3070 and the pc has booted with the monitor receiving the signal. Do you think it was just a problem with not detecting the gpu then? I will keep this forum updated if any other problems occur within the next few days. I'm also going to be moving my system to the new case soon. And changing the psu, and cpu cooler.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Potentially the GPU was not seated properly, or power cables became loose. If issue is resolved after resetting, then that would confirm it. If it reoccurs, it could be that the PSU is not powerful enough, 650W would be on the limit for 3070, so hopefully your new PSU would remove that as an issue. But see how it goes with current config first.