Monitor for Gaming & Working - 34 inch / VESA mountable

Brunomatost

Hi all,

Currently looking to order still today a monitor, I looked in the threads and couldn't find anything other than what to look for.

Must have:

VESA Mountable
Minimum of 34 inches

Budget - Up to or around £400

I been looking online and there's a few options but nothing really seems to fit the budget or what I am looking for, 3 months ago I got an EG 35'' UWQHD (link below), and I am up to today quite happy with it, but giving it to my partner to use as I cant mount it on a wall and getting a new one for me.

Thank you all in advance :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all,

Currently looking to order still today a monitor, I looked in the threads and couldn't find anything other than what to look for.

Must have:

VESA Mountable
Minimum of 34 inches

Budget - Up to or around £400

I been looking online and there's a few options but nothing really seems to fit the budget or what I am looking for, 3 months ago I got an EG 35'' UWQHD (link below), and I am up to today quite happy with it, but giving it to my partner to use as I cant mount it on a wall and getting a new one for me.

Thank you all in advance :)
Without knowing what build you're pairing it with it's impossible to comment as the monitor pairs with the build.

Brunomatost

Without knowing what build you're pairing it with it's impossible to comment as the monitor pairs with the build.

Thank you

My Computer Specs

CaseCORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 680X RGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Eight Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.4GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card8GB AMD RADEON™ RX 580 - HDMI, DP - DX® 12
1st Storage DriveSamsung 1T 970 EVO PLUS M.2
1st M.2 SSD Drive2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
Power SupplyCORSAIR 550W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor CoolingCorsair H100x Hydro Cooler w/ PCS Ultra Quiet Fans
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting2x 50cm Blue LED Strip
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired NetworkingWIRELESS 802.11 Gigabyte GC-WB1733D-I AC 1734Mbps + BT5 PCI-E CARD

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
And what do you use the computer for? That's a 1080p GPU, won't be able to power 1440p Ultrawide without massively reducing settings.

Brunomatost

A bit of everything really but mainly web and gaming.

I am aware of the gpu limitations but I can upgrade it later while the monitor I’m looking for something I don’t have to upgrade in the next 5/6 years

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
A bit of everything really but mainly web and gaming.

I am aware of the gpu limitations but I can upgrade it later while the monitor I’m looking for something I don’t have to upgrade in the next 5/6 years
The Samsung isn’t a gaming monitor and would give pretty poor performance. The electriq is not a manufacturer I’ve heard of and extremely budget. That’s not to say it’s not good value but worth finding some reviews on it.

Really, at 1440p ultrawide, your budget needs to be a lot higher for something half decent.

Brunomatost

The Samsung isn’t a gaming monitor and would give pretty poor performance. The electriq is not a manufacturer I’ve heard of and extremely budget. That’s not to say it’s not good value but worth finding some reviews on it.

Really, at 1440p ultrawide, your budget needs to be a lot higher for something half decent.

Yes I am aware but this is the budget I have for now really and I’m already stretching it

I’m not keen or focused on those 2 options they are just wht I probably would end up buying without an expert like yourself advising me.

so fell free to suggest other products that are best in terms of what I get for that price 😊

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
At that budget you could just about afford a 1440p 144hz monitor, have a look through this thread and see if one takes your fancy:

Brunomatost

At that budget you could just about afford a 1440p 144hz monitor, have a look through this thread and see if one takes your fancy:

Thats where I checked before making the thread, post is from November, so since then isnt there anything new/released/price changed ?

The only one i can see there that would suit what im looking for is the same one i bought a few months ago but then again it doesnt have VESA mount.

@Oussebon do you happen to have any "news" on monitors ?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thats where I checked before making the thread, post is from November, so since then isnt there anything new/released/price changed ?

The only one i can see there that would suit what im looking for is the same one i bought a few months ago but then again it doesnt have VESA mount.

@Oussebon do you happen to have any "news" on monitors ?
You're looking at Ultrawides which is the wrong section.

The only price changes have been increases because of short supplied due to coronavirus, all the new monitors have been delayed due to coronavirus.

Brunomatost

You're looking at Ultrawides which is the wrong section.

The only price changes have been increases because of short supplied due to coronavirus, all the new monitors have been delayed due to coronavirus.

It does make sense yes :)

Maybe I'm looking on the wrong section, but 34 inches is def a requirement, I don't want to go smaller even if i have to compromise on the quality.