Monitor problem

Jack Guinea

Bright Spark
ive been playing my ps3 on my middle monitor latley and ive been switching between my tv and monitor and today when i plug my ps3 in its fine then when i click on a game and it loads there is a really load screeching sort of noise but when i turn of either the ps3 or disconnect the hdmi lead connecting it it stops. Can anyone help?

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Have you tried using a different lead? Is it only on the PS3 when you start up games or does it happen on your tv as well?

Sounds like it could have a faulty connection in your cable :S Swap your tv and ps3 hdmi cable?

Jack Guinea

Bright Spark
well ive just tried a different hdmi cable and it does the same when i start a game so im just about to try it on my tv to see if its different.

Jack Guinea

Bright Spark
Just fixed it, i checked the audio settings on the ps3 and changed from 5.1 which is in my room to 2.1 which is at my desk and now it works :), thanks for your responses guys :)

Ricardo223

I just want to say you here that now the trend is LCD's and TFT's are in the market and peoples are like to use and purchaser LCD's in their homes and offices with their computers so i would like to recommend you to purchase LCD or TFT by replacing your Monitor .........

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I just want to say you here that now the trend is LCD's and TFT's are in the market and peoples are like to use and purchaser LCD's in their homes and offices with their computers so i would like to recommend you to purchase LCD or TFT by replacing your Monitor .........

I can't really understand what you just said but from what I could work out you're telling him to replace his monitor with an LCD tv? There are so many things wrong with that suggestion...

steaky360

I can't really understand what you just said but from what I could work out you're telling him to replace his monitor with an LCD tv? There are so many things wrong with that suggestion...

Its not as bad an idea is it may sound on the surface, I think this is for a PS3 no? TV's/Monitors should work just as well I would guess?

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Its not as bad an idea is it may sound on the surface, I think this is for a PS3 no? TV's/Monitors should work just as well I would guess?

From what I can gather Jack is using 3 x monitors for his PC and also has his tv and PS3 plugged into it. It would be fine if he moved his PS3 somewhere else and had it on an LCD (I have my xbox hooked up to a tv separate to my computer desk) but for him to replace all of his monitors with LCD tv's would be a bit daft would it not? Too many things like input lag and response rates would come into play and you would assume that general desktop quality would not be as crisp as that on a dedicated monitor.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
The issue's been solved,the monitor wasn't the problem.Post 10 :)

Last edited: