Motherboard BIOS?

OneZeoN

Enthusiast
Is there any need to update your mobo to the latest BIOS??

Watched a video how its done but not sure its needed...or am I missing something?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
You could check the updates on the bios but if you are not experiencing any issues you don't need to update it.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
IMHO it's only required if either they find a problem or if there is a need to support new hardware devices. If it ain't broke then don't fix it. :)

Boozad

Prolific Poster
I'd only update if it fixes a specific problem you're having. I ran my ASUS M2A-VM for six years without updating the BIOS and it's still working fine today.

OneZeoN

Enthusiast
ah ok thanks

just setting up my pc now and struggling to know what drivers i need...such a noob lol
ill leave bios for now then :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
i updated mine... managed to fix a few minor issues and im bored so it gave me something to do... haha

Keedar

Expert
How simple is it to do?

First download file.Second open AI Suite II and find update.Third update from file,choose file and thats all. :)

86916105.png

Last edited:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
How simple is it to do?
Check your motherboard manual,it gives detailed instructions on how to update the bios using the Asus update utility.
Asus recommends not to update the bios manually and not to update if there is no problem with using the current version.

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
First download file.Second open AI Suite II and find update.Third update,choose file and thats all. :)

exactly that, mega simple.

it will reset your bios thou, so you will need to change bits and bobs, but its pretty simple and some things actually speed up booting. You will also need to check that your ram speed is at 1600mhz.

OneZeoN

Enthusiast
Does anyone use software to checks all drivers are up to date?

Im struggling to know what/if ive missed drivers on my build

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I wouldn't use any software driver programs.
Check in device manager if all is well and update drivers if necessary from manufacturers website.

OneZeoN

Enthusiast
I wouldn't use any software driver programs.
Check in device manager if all is well and update drivers if necessary from manufacturers website.

Under device manager all i see with yellow markers are "SM BUS CONTROLLER" and "UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS CONTROLLER"
When I right click and check for updates it cant find anything

Im a noob :(

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Under device manager all i see with yellow markers are "SM BUS CONTROLLER" and "UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS CONTROLLER"
When I right click and check for updates it cant find anything

Im a noob :(
Those drivers may be available on the motherboard disk provided.

OneZeoN

Enthusiast
ok think i sorted the 2 issues...and in device manager i dont see anymore update marks

is that me all set???
and should i run 3dmark to test it all?

cheers guys :)