My car! She doesn't have a name yet...

lewishollings

Bright Spark
So, just yesterday we had a long trip there and back to get her but it was so worth it :)

She's an Austin Morris Mini HL 1982!

SAM_1855.JPG

SAM_1854.JPG

lewishollings

Bright Spark
ahh Unfortunately it isn't old enough to be tax exempt, would save me some pennies anyways! and why frank? Wouldn't that make her a he? ;P

brehow

Whoooh mint buddy well done, if you don't mind for curousity how much did you pay? Don't say if you prefer.

Thanks

Rakk

The Awesome
That mini is in very nice condition.
Many years ago (when I was about 17-18) I had a 'W' reg mini (that I got for free) and it wasn't in anywhere near that good a condition when I got it :)
Must be said I much prefer the old mini style rather than the 'new' mini style which lets face it, isn't very 'mini' anymore!

kruppsy

Master
Definitely Mertle....great name a for a mini....

Not enough on the road anymore, always makes me smile when I see one. Great example yours...good work. :)

Bishybarnybee

Bronze Level Poster
Lovely looking car :yes:

I do like minis used to have a red one (called her Min Bin) but she was nowhere near as elegant as yours. Lucky guy!

The black and silver colouring of yours is reminiscent of night/moonlight - how about Selene as a name suggestion?

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Must be said I much prefer the old mini style rather than the 'new' mini style which lets face it, isn't very 'mini' anymore!

They're still mini compared to other cars on the road though Rakk :p Safety features aren't tiny!

Nice though Lewis :) Must have paid a fair few bob for that, I was looking a year or so ago and you couldn't really pick up ones in that sort of condition for less than £5k. Congratz!

lewishollings

Bright Spark
Yeh like you said grimezy, safety is an issue! I've been in an accident in a mini twice already, very scary but I don't plan on crashing, I drive like an oldie ;) but yeh, they are fun cars to drive!

Jack Guinea

Bright Spark
That is one beautiful car!! Im looking at getting one as my first car, may i ask where you got it from or found it and how is it to drive?