My Current build spec.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
cant call them myself as i'm hard of hearing and cannot use the phones

however i'm going to get a relative to phone up on my behalf :D

do i just phone up and say i want to change my configuration? i have the amd specs above saved as a quote?
Yes and ask if you can swap the configuration to AMD to keep your space in the queue

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
cant call them myself as i'm hard of hearing and cannot use the phones

however i'm going to get a relative to phone up on my behalf :D

do i just phone up and say i want to change my configuration? i have the amd specs above saved as a quote?
Sorry man, didn't know this. Yeah go for it, let the relative explain PCS why it's not you talking and I'm sure they will understand :)

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
@SpyderTracks Hmm I was confused earlier today. Was expecting a phone call from pcs about the price increase and how to pay for it. Instead I get an email from them stating that they had refunded the price difference..

I was thinking what price difference/refund.. shouldn't it have been more expensive.. so looked at the specs for both machines. No difference apart from the psu, wifi/bluetooth card and delivery options.

I'm hoping the psu difference won't matter to much..😁

Edit: 😐 damn autocorrect...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
@SpyderTracks Hmm I was confused earlier today. Was expecting a phone call from pcs about the price increase and how to pay for it. Instead I get an email from them stating that they had refunded the price difference..

I was thinking what price difference/refund.. shouldn't it have been more expensive.. so looked at the specs for both machines. No difference apart from the psu, wifi/bluetooth card and delivery options.

I'm hoping the psu difference won't matter to much..😁

Edit: 😐 damn autocorrect...
So they didn't change it to AMD?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
They did change cpu and mobo to amd. But the rest of the specs stay the same. But I forgot about changing the psu to the slightly more powerful one. the rest of the specs were the same.

edit ive just re read the post of mine before this one and noticed i wast clear on what happened
You can change the PSU yourself in your online account by amending the order, the only thing you have to call them up for is to change the platform as it's not something you can do online. If you log into your main PCS account, the go to my orders:

1619477609089.png

Go to your order, then scroll to the bottom and there should be an amend button?

It's very worth upgrading the PSU, it's a critical primary component of the build that delivers the specific voltages to each component, you really don't want to underspec it otherwise it can lead to instability and prevent upgradeablility.

Yorkmann

Bronze Level Poster
Aren't game like Stellaris, Total War etc very CPU heavy? Seems like a 3080 is overkill while the CPU is somewhat lacking compared. Also by multimedia I assume watching, not creeating?