My head is frazzled trying to pick a gaming keyboard!!!

Dave11

Bronze Level Poster
Hi all.

(Unsure which thread to post this on as its sales related and not technical)

As my title suggests, my head is frazzled by the amount of gaming keyboards available and which one to pick?

My budget is £150 max and I mainly enjoy FPS based games. (If it helps, I use the Logitech G PRO mouse) I am looking for full size mechanical.
I currently use a cheap TUF keyboard that came with my PC last year so I would think I could adapt to any upgrade.

So I‘m looking for recommendations or just seeing what this community uses.

So far in my many hours of research, I like the look and detail of the Corsair K70 mk2 red switch and the Roccat Vulcan 120 / 121. 2 very different keyboards I know. Also read that the Steel Series Apex 5 is very good for the price, although I’m unsure of the ’hybrid mechanical‘ switches?

Please help 🙈

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
The Corsair range are excellent, I'm a happy K65 owner. Ducky are probably the most luxurious ones, and with a healthy keyboard budget like yours they'd be worth having a look at... although not that many of them have a number pad, not sure if that's a deal breaker for you?

Dave11

Bronze Level Poster
The Corsair range are excellent, I'm a happy K65 owner. Ducky are probably the most luxurious ones, and with a healthy keyboard budget like yours they'd be worth having a look at... although not that many of them have a number pad, not sure if that's a deal breaker for you?

Yes a full size is what I’d like,
1, I have the space for one
And
2, I’d rather have the number pad and not use it then need the number pad and not had it.

I’ll check out the K65, thanks 👍

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Might also be worth having a read through this recent thread as it covers a fair old range of boards...

Dave11

Bronze Level Poster
Might also be worth having a read through this recent thread as it covers a fair old range of boards...

Awesome thank you

Dave11

Bronze Level Poster
I have the k70 mk2 (with Cherry Brown) and I'm delighted with it. I certainly recommend it.
Just been you my local curry’s pc world and have a look around. The k70 really looks nice. That version was the the red cherry switch. Some nice Logitechs there also but preferred the Corsairs

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Just been you my local curry’s pc world and have a look around. The k70 really looks nice. That version was the the red cherry switch. Some nice Logitechs there also but preferred the Corsairs
One minor (but useful) thing I like about my k70 is that iCue can vary the keyboard lights based on the CPU temperature. It's a great way of seeing how hard it's working. :)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
One minor (but useful) thing I like about my k70 is that iCue can vary the keyboard lights based on the CPU temperature. It's a great way of seeing how hard it's working. :)
Yeah I have that set up on the corsair logo, Q over to Y is Red with the rest of the keyboard pulsing.................

Dave11

Bronze Level Poster
Sounds very useful. I like the idea of changing the WASD buttons to the grey textured buttons. That might combat my need to look down before hand placement.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Sounds very useful. I like the idea of changing the WASD buttons to the grey textured buttons. That might combat my need to look down before hand placement.
They are very handy for that and feel great. Are you leaning toward any particular type of cherry keys? The reds are a bit noisy for some people but I love them.

‘If it don’t clack, I send it back’

Dave11

Bronze Level Poster
They are very handy for that and feel great. Are you leaning toward any particular type of cherry keys? The reds are a bit noisy for some people but I love them.

‘If it don’t clack, I send it back’
No not really gave it any thought, but ain’t blue the loudest?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I've got the Corsair M65, took me a while to get used to after years with a weighty Logitech mouse but I'm really liking it these days. Best feature for me is the 'sniper button' on the side which gives an instant reduction in mouse sensitivity when pressed. Very handy for lining up shots in action games.

I know a lot of people speak highly of the Razer Deathadder V2 Mini, as well