my monitor (tv)

Riggs

Hi all,

having trouble finding the right res for my tv... I don't have a monitor yet so stuck with an LG lcd 27 inch tv, plugged into the gpu (660) with HDMI. the res I have it on now is 1176x664 60Hz, closest I can get to perfect, not a bad pic at all but its ever so slightly cutting the edges off the screen to the sides and there is black lines top and bottom, about 7-8mm thick.. the actual tv model is 27LC2R-ZJ. Can anyone help? cant seem to adjust the screen, cant find how I do that! :s and don't say buy a monitor to all you smart ar$es out there! LOL

Yamikotai

Expert
Try using the setting here to use overscan. Should let you get the resolution and screen size right.

f5213f19fef3f7371982fbb5fbd8920c.png

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Try adjusting the "scaling options" in Nvidia control panel if available.
Edit: far too slow.

Riggs

Managed to get it better than it was, quite a decent res and games seem fine, screen in right place, but I'm using hdmi at the mo, someone mentioned to me I'd be better off with vga.. but my gpu does not have vga, my tv does, so it would mean dvi cable plus an adaptor.. what's ya reckon guys?!

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Stay with HDMI. VGA is analog so isn't as good quality. DVI is better than HDMI as it will display refresh rates over 120hz but that isn't applicable for your tv so HDMI as fine as it will also transmit sound.

If you are still having issues getting your screen to fit, go into your actual tv menu and go in the advanced picture settings. There should be an 'Overscanning' option or a 'Zoom' option. Make sure that these are set to off or default and you should find that your picture fits fine.