My new pc

Clanseven

Looking forward to my new pc. Spec as follows:

COOLERMASTER COSMOS 1000 SILVER SILENT CASE (£159)
OverClocked Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-760 (2.80GHz @ max 3.80GHz)
ASUS® P7H57D-V EVO: FULL ATX, TRUE USB 3.0 & SATA 6.0GB/s
4GB CORSAIR XMS3 DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (2 x 2GB KIT)
1GB ATI RADEON™ HD 5870 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11
1TB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 16MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (READS XD, MS, CF, SD, etc)
CORSAIR 650W PSU (TX650) 80+ ULTRA QUIET (£76)
TITAN FENRIR EXTREME DIRECT TOUCH COPPER CPU COOLER (£39)
ARCTIC COOLING MX-3 HIGH THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
IIYAMA E2472HD 24" LED WIDESCREEN, HDMI/DVI-D FULL HD 1920x1080 (£179)
1 x 2 Metre DVI Cable (£5)
Logitech® Internet 350 USB Keyboard (£9)
Logitech® MX™518 Optical Gaming Mouse (£29)
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, Lifetime Tech Support) (£5)

Can't wait!

Clanseven

Thanks guys. Still thinking maybe I should get the 850w supply, in case I want to add another 5870 later. Thoughts?

Meds

If you are thinking of adding a second graphics card in the future I would upgrade the PSU now just in case. Two 5870's will not run very will (if at all) on a 650W PSU and if it doesn't cause the PC to run unstable, it will almost certainly bottleneck the performance of the PC.

The rest of the spec looks great by the way :D

Clanseven

Thanks Meds. My thoughts exactly, which is why I rang them back today and changed the order to the TX850. Less hastle later should I decide to upgrade.

Clanseven

Still waiting

Ok. Now two weeks and still at "In building" stage, despite the fact it had been built by Tuesday 24th. Not happy.

Meds

Ok, just spoken to Zep and he is on to it.

There has been a slight back log between the Building & Testing Dept but we are getting on top of things again. Zepplin has put your PC to one side and you should be getting an update very shortly.

I hope this helps.

Clanseven

Received an email today saying:

"There is a slight delay in the testing process caused by a very busy period that we are experiencing and we are doing everything possible to deliver your order as quickly as we can. As soon as we have any further updates on the current status of your order we will contact you by email. Once your order is dispatched, providing you have entered your mobile phone number into your account details, we will send you a text message to inform you of this.
In the meantime, if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by telephone on 0844 499 4000 or by emailing us using our online messaging system. If your order has exceeded the estimated lead time of 9 to 12 working days, please accept our apologies for this."

The problem I have with this is twofold: When I ordered this pc, the estimated lead time was not 9 to 12 working days but 5 to 10, and secondly, I ordered this pc on the 17th August, which means that even the revised lead time is way off.

So, can anyone here suggest just what I've got to do to get my pc, built on the 24th of last month, delivered?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Your order is "in testing" at the moment and we are running a little behind schedule with our orders - apologies for this.

I anticipate that it will only be a few more days until dispatch, and as soon as we have any updates we will email you.

Clanseven

It's here!

Arrived this morning in two huge boxes. Very well packed. I couldn't believe the size of the Cosmos case! (See the pic with a DVD box for scale.) Two issues. First was some of of the unused psu wires were blocking the flow of air from the lower fan; easily solved with a cable tie, and secondly, Windows failed to start properly, so after several goes at sorting it, I re-installed it.
Very pleased to see the hard drive is a Samsung Spinpoint F3 and everything else seems to be in good order.
Thanks to the PCS team for putting up with one of the planets most impatient inhabitants!

Attachments

• 053.jpg
    053.jpg
    803.5 KB · Views: 274

Stappa

Enthusiast
Arrived this morning in two huge boxes. Very well packed. I couldn't believe the size of the Cosmos case! (See the pic with a DVD box for scale.) Two issues. First was some of of the unused PSU wires were blocking the flow of air from the lower fan; easily solved with a cable tie, and secondly, Windows failed to start properly, so after several goes at sorting it, I re-installed it.
Very pleased to see the hard drive is a Samsung Spinpoint F3 and everything else seems to be in good order.
Thanks to the PCS team for putting up with one of the planets most impatient inhabitants!

Glad you've got your system M8,I'm hoping I'll get the F3 Spinpoints in my future build/order(fastest HHD on the planet lol) I've asked if I can have the F3's in my system but was told it can not be guaranteed?,the cabling prob u had with your PSU is the main prob of non modular psu's(I've also asked PCS to consider swapping the Coursair TX range for the HX Coursair PSU range as the HX is modular and similarly priced(which they are considering).