My PC is running very SLOWLY

Hibbs

Silver Level Poster
Hi,

I have had my PC for around 5 months which was a custom build ( specs below ) the problem is that when I ever I start up or restart the PC it's very lagy and slow and does not run smoothly. I have checked what happens what start up the PC in task manger and then going to performance and the SSD goes to 100% and, I turned of most of the start up programs on my PC. I had a slow problem with my PC doing this a month ago and I turned of the most of the background apps and that fixed it but now it's back it not a VIRUS as I checked NORTON SECURITY and did a ( SMART SCAN ) and that came up this nothing. I am very confused with what is happening. If you may know that is causing this let me know? And before you ask WINDOWS is update and I have updated my driver GPU.

Attachments

• specs.png
    specs.png
    242 KB · Views: 156
  • specs2.png
    specs2.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 156

Hibbs

Silver Level Poster
Can I also, add when ever I start up game or other program my SSD goes to 100% even if the program is small

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
TBH, I would fully uninstall Norton and then test.
I will heartily second that. I had Norton preinstalled on an old system and it gave me no end of problems. If all you’re doing is web browsing you’re protected, but if you’re actually seeking performance from a system that AV is a living nightmare.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I just uninstalled Norton security and it was the same really slow and laggy NO change.
ok in that case open task manager and click on the CPU header so that what's using the most cpu is at the top and take a screenshot using snip and sketch and copy and paste that here

Hibbs

Silver Level Poster
just to let you know I did reinstall norton as made no difference at the time as I did not see your messages

Hibbs

Silver Level Poster
the thing I find weird this when ever I start up my PC the ssd is on 100% and no big programs are running

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

Hibbs

Silver Level Poster
As much as I know Norton is big and can slow you down the level of slow and laggy of windows is really weird