My PC is running very SLOWLY

Hibbs

Silver Level Poster
I went to link the sent me and uninstalled it and my PC is running alot better, could this be because I want running an older version of NORTON security

no, don't get McAfee, you have an anti-virus preinstalled into the windows operating system called 'Windows Defender' This is what I use and it's good on its own but I combo it with malwarebytes.

If you do want another option, get the free version of malwarebytes, I'd say it's the best to combo with windows defender.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
no, don't get McAfee, you have an anti-virus preinstalled into the windows operating system called 'Windows Defender' This is what I use and it's good on its own but I combo it with malwarebytes.

If you do want another option, get the free version of malwarebytes, I'd say it's the best to combo with windows defender.
Malwarebytes free doesn’t have an on demand scanner so it can’t be used as an AV. It’s purely for secondary manual scans.

You can’t have 2 on demand scanners running concurrently.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
That is what I am confused about, I am starting to think to do a windows reset
I would advise a clean install as described below

Download a new copy of Windows using the Media Creation Tool to an 8GB (min) USB.
Boot that USB and choose a Custom Install.
Delete all UEFI partitions on the system drive (EFI System, Recovery, MSR Reserved, Primary).
Select the unallocated space that results and click the Next button. The installer will create the correct partitions and install Windows.
Run Windows Update repeatedly, even across reboots, until no more updates are found.
You may need/want to download and install the latest graphics driver from the Nvidia/AMD website (they change so regularly the latest version isn't always in the Windows libraries).

Malwarebytes free doesn’t have an on demand scanner so it can’t be used as an AV. It’s purely for secondary manual scans.

You can’t have 2 on demand scanners running concurrently.
Yes, that's why I recommend combo-ing with Windows Defender. If you really want some sort of 'second opinion' type of scanner, use Defender + Malwarebytes

Hibbs

Silver Level Poster
Should I just get the free version or the premium as I watch a review and he said to get the premium one as that helps a lot and is easy to use, and that free version does not give you enough protect?