My PC order has finally arrived :) quick question about O.C

JSanderson99

Bronze Level Poster
no you wont need to because I will go to other forums instead where I will get proper help and get the answer I was looking for. never seen a forum so bad. PCS Need employees on their forums to solve all this.

JSanderson99

Bronze Level Poster
Considering your tone I am assuming there won’t be a next time as don’t think people are keen on helping you.

ha ;) that's the point, there wont be a next time cos what help? didn't get a link to a decent guide just told to look one up, every guide is different some I probably shouldn't follow, how do I know that if no help? bye

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
ha ;) that's the point, there wont be a next time cos what help? didn't get a link to a decent guide just told to look one up, every guide is different some I probably shouldn't follow, how do I know that if no help? bye

My point was that if you don't know the answer to questions like that you probably want to read up so that you understand enough to answer it yourself before you start shovelling extra voltage into your CPU :) While OCing these days is relatively safe, it's still possible to bork stuff.

Asus have a Kaby Lake overclocking guide, but I recommend reading more than just this.

Here: http://bfy.tw/E6fn

You got given advice. You didn't like it because you basically wanted to be told you could just go ahead with what you already decided you wanted to do. You disregarded the advice and carried on anyway.

You haven't stress tested the PC yet. But it hasn't crashed so you you get to validate yourself by saying you knew best all long. You haven't fine tuned the voltage, but again because it hasn't BSODed you're happy it's fine.

The problem is that people on this forum, when asked for advice, tend to give honest advice. If you're actually looking for comments just to endorse what you already want to do, you might not get that if what you're looking to do is quite unwise, or if people have a different opinion to you. :)

Last edited:

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED

There won't be another chance for people to offer you advice? :(:(:(

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
You're arguing for the sake of arguing because no one can give you the binary answer you want.

I've never overclocked a system but here's what I'm taking away from the advice being given:

1 - Read a guide or two. Not to get the figures straight away, but to understand what you're changing. Keep saying bclck and fclck are unknowns to you won't change the advice you're getting. Go away and learn what they mean.

That is part of the journey of discovery.

2. No two systems are the same so whilst you are effectively picking pseudo-randon numbers you are at least picking ones with some learned knowledge so hopefully won't fry your system and invalidate your warranty.

3. Learn to listen to what people are trying to say without throwing your toys out all the time because frankly you're too lazy to learn yourself and keep demanding these answers are handed to you on a plate.

4. No one is going to give any figures because you'd most likely just come back and play the blame game if you borked it.

5. Try the automatic overclock. Note the settings before and after then research the ones that changed. That seems the safest and probably easiest approach to begin.

And finally you might want to stop overreacting all the time. Calm down and listen because I'm at the point where if I see it's a topic started by you I'm gonna pass right by as it's inevitably argumenting and conflict.

Last edited: