my ssd has failed i think.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
but thhe settings for them save in users file location on c drive
Once you've got it configured, just copy the settings folder to your storage drive, then you can just copy it back if ever you need to. This is the case with anything that doesn't have cloud backup, you just backup the config directory

Reinstalling windows should never need configuration of anything, it's all just copying existing config files into place.

Slyleggs

It's a very budget SSD, to be honest, the whole computer is a throwaway build. Next time come here for advice and we can design a custom PC which would be far better
i was limited to my budget and its tenfold better to what i was on before and blackfriday deal with an interest free pay before a time period was up so it work out well.untill now.
if i up the ram will that put more strain on mother board,is that likely to go anytime soon?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
i was limited to my budget and its tenfold better to what i was on before and blackfriday deal with an interest free pay before a time period was up so it work out well.untill now.
if i up the ram will that put more strain on mother board,is that likely to go anytime soon?
No, the point of the Currys prebuilts is they cut corners on the platform which means they can't accommodate upgrades, your GPU will be the first major bottleneck and when it comes to needing to upgrade, the platform is so poorly designed that it won't really be able to support a modern GPU.

We would design a far better platform within the same budget allowing for upgrades for an expected 7 - 10 year lifespan. That one may last another year or so before you'll have to replace it.

Slyleggs

No, the point of the Currys prebuilts is they cut corners on the platform which means they can't accommodate upgrades, your GPU will be the first major bottleneck and when it comes to needing to upgrade, the platform is so poorly designed that it won't really be able to support a modern GPU.

We would design a far better platform within the same budget allowing for upgrades for an expected 7 - 10 year lifespan. That one may last another year or so before you'll have to replace it.
my gpu is a 3070 palet overclocked gaming pro which is fine for assetto corsa and all its mods.i get virtualy a fraction of a percent drop in frames encoding when pushing my stream at 1080 60fps whilst getting 160 fps+ in the game,and most games,even top end games.my monitor is only 1080 60hrz,i dont need more my eyesight is too poor to see more detail anyways lol.my network providor used to throttle my upload but i sorted that now..
back to my ssd issue,when i plug it in and boot pc from external drive with windows install,how do i get my windows key back as i will get that stupid notification all the time asking for reg key.is it on my pc box it came with?i cant find it in the literature that was in the box?i still have the box in the loft

Slyleggs

in regards to ram spyder,i read booklet for motherboard and says for 19/17 up to2933mhz so is 3200 to much.i have seen on offer corsair vengance 32gb ddr4 3200mhz rgb and non rgb on offer.cant seem to find anything that is 2933mhz in 32gb

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
in regards to ram spyder,i read booklet for motherboard and says for 19/17 up to2933mhz so is 3200 to much.i have seen on offer corsair vengance 32gb ddr4 3200mhz rgb and non rgb on offer.cant seem to find anything that is 2933mhz in 32gb
No, that's the max native the board can support, but all RAM these days is run overclocked, to reach 3200mhz you'd apply an XMP overclock to put it at 3200mhz. The board will take up to 3600mhz with an XMP

how do i get my windows key back as i will get that stupid notification all the time asking for reg key.is it on my pc box it came with?i
Assuming you were signed in with your Microsoft account, you just sign back in to windows and it should read the windows registration from your bios. Either way it should auto register off your BIOS, keys aren't stored in windows anymore

Last edited:

Slyleggs

No, that's the max native the board can support, but all RAM these days is run overclocked, to reach 3200mhz you'd apply an XMP overclock to put it at 3200mhz. The board will take up to 3600mhz with an XMP

Assuming you were signed in with your Microsoft account, you just sign back in to windows and it should read the windows registration from your bios. Either way it should auto register off your BIOS, keys aren't stored in windows anymore
good morning spyder.thanks for the reply again,sorry to hit you with so many questions,i have another:)
how do i use xmp.im going out to get an ssd today,cant wait for amazon...seen a samsung 980 1tb pro with heat sync for 80 squids and might pick up some ram at same time

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
how do i use xmp
It's a setting in the memory settings within the BIOS, it's just a drop down field where you select the speed of the RAM you have in the system. This then applies a pre set overclock profile to the CPU memory fabric to bring it up to that speed. It's literally just a drop down.

Slyleggs

It's a setting in the memory settings within the BIOS, it's just a drop down field where you select the speed of the RAM you have in the system. This then applies a pre set overclock profile to the CPU memory fabric to bring it up to that speed. It's literally just a drop down.
thanks very much bro.you have a wonderful day