Need help connected 3 monitors please

Bigtruck20

Silver Level Poster
I have a gtx 780, i already have 2 monitors working via DVI i got my third monitor and noticed i don't have another DVI port on the back of my pc,
i also don't have a vga port on the back of the pc
i have 1 hdmi port on the back of the pc so i tried to set it up that way, direct cable hdmi from monitor to pc but its not pickking the third monitor up, any help?

i heard about eyefinity or 3d surround, im not sure what those are and i don't plan to use them im just trying to set them up normal, im not trying to game on all 3 either

Rakk

The Awesome
I have a gtx 780, i already have 2 monitors working via DVI i got my third monitor and noticed i don't have another DVI port on the back of my pc,
i also don't have a vga port on the back of the pc
i have 1 hdmi port on the back of the pc so i tried to set it up that way, direct cable hdmi from monitor to pc but its not pickking the third monitor up, any help?

You need to make sure all 3 monitors are plugged into the graphics card and none into the ports on the motherboard.
So if you have plugged one into the HDMI which is on the motherboard then that one will not work.

Bigtruck20

Silver Level Poster
If the hdmi is not in the same horizontal bay as the dvi's and is on the panel with all your usb and sound connections then it's not the right one.

its not in the same bay so i guess its not the right one, what are my options now ? thanks for the reply

Androcles

Rising Star
If there is only the two connectors on your graphics card then I'm not sure there's much you can do short of getting another card, you can get two cards and use the second for another monitor I think. I don't know if there's any kind of splitter or something you can get if you can't put a second card in.

Androcles

Rising Star
actually, its looks kinda of likke this -

imagine those the bay things xD

Ah then it looks like they're on the same card, so they should be working.

Have you checked the nvidea control panel? there should be a button somewhere to detect displays, and other settings to set the system up for multiple displays.

Rakk

The Awesome
If there is only the two connectors on your graphics card then I'm not sure there's much you can do short of getting another card, you can get two cards and use the second for another monitor I think. I don't know if there's any kind of splitter or something you can get if you can't put a second card in.

I think the two bays that Bigtruck20 is talking about is just the fact that the GTX780 takes up two slots, so those 3 ports should be perfectly fine - as long as the HDMI isn't plugged in up near the USB slots and the network ports you are probably in the right spot.
But do make sure it is in the HDMI slot rather than the DisplayPort slot which looks very similar in size and shape.

Bigtruck20

Silver Level Poster
I think the two bays that Bigtruck20 is talking about is just the fact that the GTX780 takes up two slots, so those 3 ports should be perfectly fine - as long as the HDMI isn't plugged in up near the USB slots and the network ports you are probably in the right spot.
But do make sure it is in the HDMI slot rather than the DisplayPort slot which looks very similar in size and shape.

the display port you talkk of is next the hdmi on the right,
so like i said above its kind of working, its dected but the third screen is now black, before it was black it was saying there is no cable plugged in which there was but im passed that now

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Does it look something like this,HDMI port is circled.
Capture2.PNG

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    362.6 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

Bigtruck20

Silver Level Poster
Capture.PNG

i used my expert paint skill and moved it around a little,
it looks like that

ahh i thought you meant what the back on my pc looks like, yes i that the hdmi you have circled ,that what i have it plugged int on my third monitor

Last edited:

Androcles

Rising Star
ok so i got it kkind of working, its now detected it but the screen is black xD

OK, we're getting somewhere now. In the NVidia settings there should be a setting that lets you choose how to extend your desktop, it's been a while but it should have 3 pictures of monitors with number sin, I'm sure there's an option or pulldown menu for it there somewhere.

Bigtruck20

Silver Level Poster
yes i see that, my main display is currently screen 2 and it says duplicate desktop on 1 and 2, duplicate desktop on 2 and 3 or extend desktop to this display (which is the one im using for all 3 monitors)

Bigtruck20

Silver Level Poster
m1.png
m2.png
m3.png

Monitor 1 is the new monitor that the screen is black (hdmi)
monitor 2 is my main display working fine (dvi)
monitor 3 is just a extended display working fine (dvi)

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Right click on desktop,select "screen resolution" .
If all 3 displays are identified select "Extend these displays" you may need to restart computer.

Bigtruck20

Silver Level Poster
Hey, sorry for not getting back to you, been messing about with it changing the wires around and getting a shower,
i got it working, in the end all i had to do was press a button on the monitor and change it from dvi to hdmi and it worked lol

thanks so much for your time and help :)