Need help on Gaming Laptop - Primarily for Shogun 2

BazMcG

Hi guys as the title says I am seeking a new laptop to play some shogun 2. I love the game and I am sick of my bloody desktop so I am selling it to start some mobile gaming. Its perfect as I am traveling soon and need a laptop anyway.

Anyway, I have been browsing PCS for the last few days putting builds together and I have decided I would like to go with the following specs:

Optimus II: 17.3 1080 Gloss
GT555M - 2GB
Samsung 4gb - 1 Stick
750GB - 7200rpm
No Operating software

Now guys I need a hand with the CPU as I am unsure what to go for. Basically the two more top end i5's are similar price to the low end i7 2.00ghz. So i was wondering what you guys thought I should go for, as it will be used primarily for gaming.

Another question I have is the following: Is there capacity for another HDD bay? I would love to put my SSD in as a bootable drive and have the 750GB that would come with it for storage. If this possible does anyone know how much it will cost?

Thanks for your help in advance, Hope I can show you an unboxing soon :winkiss:

Iain

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
i5 straight away :), imo, the i7 is a beast, but so is the i5 to be honest, for gaming the i5 will do great. I am however talking about desktops, as this is where my experience is, not 100% sure about laptops, however, I do have an i5 in my macbook pro and it runs like a dream :) so would highly recommend it.

BazMcG

I actually looked on some benchmarks and the i7 is much better overall. Don't know the difference in gaming but in terms of benchmarks it is much higher. Does anyone know about a secondary hard drive slot? reallly want an SSD and HDD in my lappy!