Need Help Upgrading

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Easy :) You don't need to remove your old HDD, some people recommend disconnecting it (not removing it) while you install the SSD. Insert and connect the SSD and do a clean installation of windows. You can follow the instructions on how to do a clean installation of windows from the welcome booklet.

[video=youtube;b7-z1QaqrGU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7-z1QaqrGU&feature=youtu.be&t=1m34s[/video]

Last edited:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I would just like to ask one more thing if its ok. How hard is it to install the SSD. Like would i be able to do it myself or should i get someone to do it? Also from what ive read, Should i completely remove my old HD, put in the SSD, install windows on it, then put back in the old one, and format it. Also, when i have the SSD in place, do i just put my windows disc in and it installs normally or do i have to do something first. I have no experience with adding new hardware so have no clue. lol.
I would recommend you replace the existing HDD with the SSD with the same connections,then do a clean install from your OS disk,this will ensure the OS is installed as it should be and avoid any problems with dual boot and the system reserved partition.
You can then put your HDD back and format it from the OS on the SSD by right clicking on the HDD in "computer".

Last edited:

VeNoM56k

Thanks for the help guys. I really appreciate it.

on another note, my GTX 670 arrived today. I had a bit of trouble putting it in(more confusion than anything) as it was my first time installing one but i got it in and its now up and running. The trouble I had with it was the power cables for it(6pin and 8pin), as the 560 ti only used 2 6 pins ones, but after some googling i got it. I cannot believe how good it is, just the difference in temps compared to my old 560 ti is astonishing. Best money ever spent. lol.