Need help!!

Barmy Army

So I don't know about other people, but console gaming has really dried up for me in the last year, and I really want to buy a Desktop which can destroy all current games, and play everything smoothly for a few years to come. But as a student budget is a bit of an issue :yes:

I'm hoping to have the money together in a few months, and after looking at the specs other people have been posting, I think I could have the build I want for between £1000 - £1350. HOWEVER, what I'm uncertain on is whether I need to buy a monitor as well ?? I currently use a Samsung 23" LCD with my Xbox 360, would this be as good as a IILYAMA or a similar monitor? I just don't want to be spending a fortune on a powerful desktop and then having this wasted for using a poor monitor.

Thank you in advance :)

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Depends on the native resolution of the monitor,a higher resolution monitor
can make a world of difference,but if your happy with what you have why bother.

seatay

I agree with Vanthus your 23" should be quite adequate, the standard res of most montitors is good enough for most games, but if you want to a bit of flash or just get a bette uality then upgrade. I mean if your gonna be gettin a beastial pc to handle pretty much anything then the monitor would just enhance your experience.

Atuleon

Gold Level Poster
What is the model of the Samsung monitor you have, (I.e. mine is a SyncMaster PX2370); we will be able to tell you for certain then.