need some help with my sound

jonathan

Bronze Level Poster
well i just got my new pc from you guys and ive set it all up, ive plugged in my monitor and cant seem to get audio.the monitor came with audio cables which i plugged into every hole possible it could go into and nothing is working. also when i try to download sound drivers from the website it says not compatible with my OS

Gorman

Author Level
well i just got my new pc from you guys and ive set it all up, ive plugged in my monitor and cant seem to get audio.the monitor came with audio cables which i plugged into every hole possible it could go into and nothing is working. also when i try to download sound drivers from the website it says not compatible with my OS

Ok sounds easy. keep in mind none of the admins have access to your details out of work hours, please let us know:

OS version?
Soundcard?
Onboard Sound?
Motherboard?

jonathan

Bronze Level Poster
OS windows 7

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO

motherboard ASUS® P7H55D-M EVO: MICRO ATX, USB 3.0 & SATA 3.0GB/s

Gorman

Author Level
Easy ones first. Start menu > type "device manager" and click on the same and expand sound video and game controllers. Please list for us what you see there.

Next up right click on the speaker icon bottem right of your screen. select playback devices and list what is shown there, noting what has the green tick next to it.

Cheers!

jonathan

Bronze Level Poster
i see in the playback devices ATI HDMI OUTPUT speakers headphones (these dont have ticks)

and then digital audio (s/pdif) with a tick

in the sound video and game controllers i see

ATI high definition audio device and

high definition audi device

thanks

Gorman

Author Level
i see in the playback devices ATI HDMI OUTPUT speakers headphones (these dont have ticks)

and then digital audio (s/pdif) with a tick

Ok go into playback devices right click speakers and set as default device

Plug monitor audio cable into green on the back of pc and right click speakers again then select test.