New Build and a few questions

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'd go for the H115i Elite Capellix instead (while removing the extra fans). It should be a little bit cheaper, and the H115i is very nearly as good as the H150i. (It's shorter but wider, which makes it approximately the same in terms of surface area.)

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
I'd go for the H115i Elite Capellix instead (while removing the extra fans). It should be a little bit cheaper, and the H115i is very nearly as good as the H150i. (It's shorter but wider, which makes it approximately the same in terms of surface area.)
It's -£19 including taking the 2 fans off the build.

Why would you choose the H115i fans instead of 3 fans?

Would it affect the build status, or doesn't it matter as it's in Pre-Production? (Day 18)

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It's -£19 including taking the 2 fans off the build.

Why would you choose the H115i fans instead of 3 fans?

Would it affect the build status, or doesn't it matter as it's in Pre-Production? (Day 18)
It shouldn't affect your place in the queue.

What I mean is, I'd go for the H115i as part of the same process as replacing the fans. If you're talking about removing the 5000D's built-in fans and replacing them with three better ones, I fully agree with that (indeed, it's basically my own setup).

I wouldn't go for the Thermaltake ones, though: they're not the best option out there. If you want lights, go for LL120/SP120 Elite fans from Corsair, either through PCS or by fitting them yourself. If you want quality silent non-RGB fans, you're probably going to have to fit them yourself: in an ideal world you would probably want something like the Noctua NF-S12A (probably the Chromax ones), but other options are available, such as the Cooler Master Sickleflow or this one from BeQuiet!

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Yes I knew what you meant.

Did you mean the 2-fan H115i ?

If so, I'll go for that, and cancel the 2 extra fans.

Yes, I would replace the 'stock' fans that are included in the case.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

Yeah, it's got two 140mm fans, rather than the three 120mm fans that come with the H150i. This is not actually much of a downgrade: two 140mm fans are broadly equivalent to three 120mm fans (that's a massive simplification, but not a bad place to start), while the radiator of the H115i is only around 10% smaller than the H150i's.

So your order would be the H115i Elite Capellix, removing the two Thermaltake fans, and replacing the two Corsair fans that come with the 5000D with superior ones? If so, that's a great shout and will improve your build significantly.

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Thanks for your help.

I've amended the order. I'll place an order for the fans you linked above. (y)

Edit: Forgot to cancel the mouse I ordered :rolleyes: , so cancelled that too.

Last edited:

CMP01

Enthusiast

Don't worry, it'll be fine with the H115i, the non AiO case fans being good and with that case. I have the 5800X, hotter on average than the 5900X, with a H100i (both fans exhausting via roof) 1 exhaust at back and 3 intakes at front (all fans being 120mm) All on quiet mode, it tops at 70C gaming, 75C stress testing/benching (though usually 5-10 C lower on average) at 3440x1440, and my case is much the same design, only a little smaller.
You likely won't see much difference whether the AiO rad is roof or front mounted either, maybe 3-5C max (going by tests on yt) but the case's airflow and good fan placement/management will mitigate that.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
£150ish for a 2TB Intel 670p? Or you could of course make do with a SATA drive, maybe even the one you already have? It'd be plenty fast enough for almost all purposes.