New email client.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I'm using yahoo for email but now getting sponsored emails I can't delete so looking to change,any recommendations on which one to go for?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I have one MS, one Yahoo, one Gmail. I think the best client is probably Gmail, but personally yahoo is my main.

Not had any sponsored emails yet though, have you tried AdBlock on there?

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Indeed, not sure what a sponsored email is. My "use it for everything" email has been yahoo for 13 years :) My "used to use it so some stuff still is linked to it" is Outlook (well, Hotmail). And I have another Hot...Outlook that is for official stuff (i.e. it is my name, not a nickname etc).

Yahoo has always been the simplest to use for me, hence why I use it for every day stuff.

Never touched Gmail or other non-standard emails, so no help here, sorry Van :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Yahoo definitely was the easiest to use a few years back but its gotten progressively worse and has become more confusing. Everytime I go to send an email I have to look all around the page for the button. Albeit I rarely send emails.

Stephen M

Author Level
Do you have any German, I use this (http://www.web.de/) as I find webmail sites in other language tend to get less spam and intusive stuff, the international language is English so it is mainly English Language sites that are pestered. I have been using web.de for 10-15 years and have no trouble with problem emails.

mishra

Rising Star
Gmail is by far the best email platform at the moment. Lots of storage, compatibility on virtually all modern devices, built-in Google Docs for free, Google Drive available out-of-the box. Plugins to manage spam even if it gets through built-in spam filter. Regular functionality updates, 2-step verification security feature... and it's free of course!. I mean what is not to like about Gmail ?

Some people have a problem with Google knowing too much, but face it, all "big" companies are doing the same. Amount of features you get with Gmail and seamless integration between them is almost unbeatable by any other competition.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Gmail for me, no complaints. Its the best ive used and the android app is fairly decent.

Also got an old hotmail account for less important stuff. As well as my uni email which i access through ms outlook.

Bsrz

Rising Star
I use outlook for my email accounts and then manage them through Mozilla Thunderbird and its awesome :) great apple mail replacement.

Stephen M

Author Level
Good idea about the old hotmail account Tom, I have my main account for friends and some work related stuff, another for work with people I am not too sure about and a third for getting insurance quotes, making general queries etc as these companies are the sort to bombard you with unwanted mail, despite being told not to.