New Games

PaulH

Bright Spark
Bought that APB from steam last night, had a little play, its not bad at all, however weapons seriously need looking at, the AK47 is seriously overpowered (which everyone whos been playing a while has) so as a new player, you just keep getting cut down :(

Im not sure its worth the £30 i paid, but i have 50 game hours to decide :)

Xavien

Enthusiast
Speaking of which ive played over 25 mmos in my time and for the last 6 years ive been a part of a huge gaming organistation called The Older Gamers which is a over 25 age group, ive found the people there to be really friendly and a great source of games both online and offline and its worth checking out if your qualify for the age restiction, going back to your original question depending on your likes, and machine Final Fantasy XIV is out in september and is worth a look, theres also Starwars TOR out sometime next year, me personally ive got a life times sub to champions online which i play from time to time.

Someone asked about Aion, i havent played it personally but from the dozen or so people i know from the above website say that its fun for a short time but quickly becomes boring, unfortuantely alot of mmos are like that at the moment, im hoping the other two i mentioned are going to change that.

As for single player games well if you havent already i would recomend the following

Mass effect 1/2
dragon age
batman arkham asylum
just cause 2
metro 2033
stalker - call of pripyat
borderlands
aliens vs predator 2010
left 4 dead 2

just to name a few ive played over the last year or so, but of course it depends on your interests

Xavien

Enthusiast
I think alot of people has seen us about mainly because at some time or other weve been in every single online game that there has been :) and guild wise we always try to make our name out of the abbrievation T.O.G. for example "The Old Guard" etc.... :) its a nice mature community and a welcome break from all the kiddie activity that you get in online games these days :)

Gorman

Author Level
I think alot of people has seen us about mainly because at some time or other weve been in every single online game that there has been :) and guild wise we always try to make our name out of the abbrievation T.O.G. for example "The Old Guard" etc.... :) its a nice mature community and a welcome break from all the kiddie activity that you get in online games these days :)

Haha, Amen to that.

I think it was a previous customer who was a member or something.

Zeplini

Eve Corp you say, i am tempted to resub as all ive done is level in the game without seeing much action..... :(

LDUK

Master Poster
Bought that APB from steam last night, had a little play, its not bad at all, however weapons seriously need looking at, the AK47 is seriously overpowered (which everyone whos been playing a while has) so as a new player, you just keep getting cut down :(

Im not sure its worth the £30 i paid, but i have 50 game hours to decide :)

Hows it going so far?

PaulH

Bright Spark
Its ok, needs some work defo though, some guns are just too overpowered, I probably would buy it again untill theres some fixes though, seems a little unfinished to me, kinda like a cross between Sims 3 / GTA

steveuk87

Super Star
sounds like fun.. i just played the demo of blur (for the ps3) and thats pretty awsome although its the same some guns are just far too overpowered/plentiful

Steve

Bandred

if any of you guys join lotro or AoC and in the future The Old Republic then give us a shout ;)

Which LotRO server ? My characters are on Snowbourn, but I haven't played for about 12 months... just after I got a lifetime subscription :D I was with The Last Alliance, but I bet I've been kicked by now. They're a mauture bunch though ( min age 30) and will usually let defaulters back in.

I've played quite a few mmorpgs over the years, but LotRO and COH/COV are the ones keep going back to.

crawlerbasher

Silver Level Poster
There is Final Fantasy XI and the new one coming out in September Final Fantasy XIV.
Also this is a free mmorpg Asda Story.
And there is guild wars which is a free to play mmorpg.

Zeplini

Which LotRO server ? My characters are on Snowbourn, but I haven't played for about 12 months... just after I got a lifetime subscription :D I was with The Last Alliance, but I bet I've been kicked by now. They're a mauture bunch though ( min age 30) and will usually let defaulters back in.

I've played quite a few mmorpgs over the years, but LotRO and COH/COV are the ones keep going back to.

Hi Brandred im on Eldar, i just bought the lifetime sub as well and after 2 weeks they changed the model to f2p, well extended trial really - doing deeds has just burnt me out so im taking a few weeks away lol