New GPU issues

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
the AIO i have wont fit on the top it looks like thier would be no space for it ..i agree my pc defo needs better airflow for sure ,when i stress test my pc 11 of my cpu cores hit 100 after five 5mins,
That's not the case, that's the cooler, there's something wrong with your setup.

Shouldn't be getting that high in any case.

nagle6666

Silver Level Poster
my cpu has never got near 100c in the year i had this pc only when i stress test it dose ,i can get my gpu temps down with msi afterburn ,are sound prof case anygood??? i will be upgrading my cpu not the 13900k because its defo not worth the upgrade,my cpu cooler seems to be working dont think it is that ,,,ill just keep an eye on the temps and see how it gose before i change anything

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
my cpu has never got near 100c in the year i had this pc only when i stress test it dose
Stress test puts it at 100% load. If it's reaching 100c, it's because something is wrong, shouldn't happen even under a torture test. You need to sort that as there will be scenarios in games or something where it will hit full throttle. Don't let it stay like that, that's how you burn a motherboard or the CPU.

There's nothing wrong with your case, you've proven that you can get the GPU down to 70c at full load, so it proves there's nothing wrong with the airflow.

You need to address your CPU cooling.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken

I still think you should put that AIO at the top and get a few front fans for your GPU.
Thanks for your input but based on what’s been said so far, that suggestion isn’t getting to the root of the problem. Please consider taking a step back for the time being.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Unfortunately when you remove the pump, you will introduce an uneven surface in the paste. you can sometimes get away with it with the more greasy pastes but it's always better to remove and re-apply.

Pick up some thermal grizzly kryonaut. Clean off the old paste, using alcohol, from both the CPU & the cooler plate and then apply some of that.

What torture test were you running?

Zaheen

Thanks for your input but based on what’s been said so far, that suggestion isn’t getting to the root of the problem. Please consider taking a step back for the time being.
It sounds like it's poor contact - but since he's taken it away from the CPU himself it doesn't seem like it'll come back to PCS on that one.

Perhaps buying one of these contact frames designed for the 12th Gen Intel CPUs? These Intel are sometimes a little bent out of shape,

I'm merely trying to save his GPU from reaching 90C due to the positioning of the CPU cooler in his specific case. If you want to perma-ban me for having an opinion, feel free. That is the OPs initial concern after all - not his CPU.

Adios.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It sounds like it's poor contact - but since he's taken it away from the CPU himself it doesn't seem like it'll come back to PCS on that one.

Perhaps buying one of these contact frames designed for the 12th Gen Intel CPUs? These Intel ships are prone to be bent out of shape leading to others trying to lap them just to get decent temperatures (and no, I'm not suggesting this - I am just sharing my findings).

I'm merely trying to save his GPU from reaching 90C due to the positioning of the CPU cooler in his specific case. If you want to perma-ban me for having an opinion, feel free.

Adios.
It's just because it needs repasting, if you remove the heatsink you need to repaste otherwise there won't be sufficient contact.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
If I'm looking at your photo correctly, you have three intake at front and one exhaust at rear? Then yes, having two exhaust at top would create a more balanced air flow imo.

nagle6666

Silver Level Poster
yes 3 in front which are the cpu coolers and one in back ,,ooo ok ,would i have the front of the 2 fans faceing upwards or faceing in the case, and were on top would i put the fans above the cpu?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
yes 3 in front which are the cpu coolers and one in back ,,ooo ok ,would i have the front of the 2 fans faceing upwards or faceing in the case, and were on top would i put the fans above the cpu?
Check out the post below, but basically yes you'd put the other 2 fans in the roof and configure them as exhaust fan, you;ll find an arrow on them that shows the airflow direction