The fettling has begun

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ok so the Berserker came with3 LL120 fans in the front of the case, mounted behind these is the radiator which then has a pair of ML 120 fans behind them.

The 3 front fans are plugged int the fan headers on the motherboard and the lighting node, with the 2 cooler fans plugged into the commander.

The operation that is in progress here is to relocate the commander, as it was obstructing one of the SSD mounting bracket locations, then connect the front LL120's into it, replace the ML120's with a pair of ll120's in the roof of the case (radiator wont go up there due to RGB RAM), and another LL120 in the rear of the case, all plugged into the commander I blame @AgentCooper who will need to go lay down for a while after seeing this

1631456882151.jpeg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This genuinely made me laugh out loud 🤣 grr I hate cable management...
It's the bane of my life.... don't let coops hear this, but that's exactly why I got my double compartment case, the secondary part has all the cables in but not at all cable managed, just hidden away out of sight.

TomBerry

Bright Spark
It's the bane of my life.... don't let coops hear this, but that's exactly why I got my double compartment case, the secondary part has all the cables in but not at all cable managed, just hidden away out of sight.
I went through the pain of ordering the SecretLab Magnus desk just for the cable managing section on it 🤣 due on Tuesday so I can finally post a setup photo without potentially upsetting someone ;)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I went through the pain of ordering the SecretLab Magnus desk just for the cable managing section on it 🤣 due on Tuesday so I can finally post a setup photo without potentially upsetting someone ;)
Oh, man, I love SecretLabs stuff, looking forward to seeing that!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well its coming along, leaving it for tonight, I've relocated the the commander so i can get both SSD's in, removed the ML 120's and mounted the LL 120's in the roof, tomorrow I need to take the front panel off and see if i can drop the front fans etc a couple of mm's as the rad hoses are a little tight on the front of the front roof fan, then i need to drop the hard drive cage out to give me easy access to the PSU so I can put the extra SATA power cable in, which i had asked for PCS to do but they haven't, then just put the SATA data cables in, connect it all up before tidying the cables etc.

One that's sorted, will just leave the rear fan to sort when it arrives but that wont take long, oh and of course install the other GPU cable when it turns up from Amazon

1631468125719.jpeg

1631468172166.jpeg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well its coming along, leaving it for tonight, I've relocated the the commander so i can get both SSD's in, removed the ML 120's and mounted the LL 120's in the roof, tomorrow I need to take the front panel off and see if i can drop the front fans etc a couple of mm's as the rad hoses are a little tight on the front of the front roof fan, then i need to drop the hard drive cage out to give me easy access to the PSU so I can put the extra SATA power cable in, which i had asked for PCS to do but they haven't, then just put the SATA data cables in, connect it all up before tidying the cables etc.

One that's sorted, will just leave the rear fan to sort when it arrives but that wont take long, oh and of course install the other GPU cable when it turns up from Amazon

View attachment 29179

View attachment 29180
That's looking really good!

I'm taking a page from all you guys, my next build, I'm going to make sure I spend the extra time to do proper cable management, and I'll do some pre build drawings of where to trace stuff so it's not an afterthought but properly laid out.

I mean, that really does look superb.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
That's looking really good!

I'm taking a page from all you guys, my next build, I'm going to make sure I spend the extra time to do proper cable management, and I'll do some pre build drawings of where to trace stuff so it's not an afterthought but properly laid out.

I mean, that really does look superb.
Cheers mate, I'm basically flying by the seat of my pants, ok probably helps that years ago, I used to have to make wiring looms up from scratch for test bed engines at work

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I might be wrong, but wouldn’t it be a better scenario to have the radiator flipped so that the tubes are at the bottom?
yeah that would work because the top of the rad will still be above the pump, which is all that matters, then i migh manage to move the roof fans forward, which would be good as the rear one is close to the 8 pin CPU connector

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I would disconnect the GPU power and run the cables through the lower grommet. The GPU will then hide them for the most part :)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
No expert here (as some of you know) but you'd think a brand new custom PC would require zero tinkering. 🤷‍♂️
Just got to love a challenge, as you're probably aware I'm a keen cyclist, both my main bikes are different to how they came out the shops, with upgraded brakes and drive train, in fact one of them i upgraded the drive train twice in the first year..... :ROFLMAO:

3qtrsamericano

Bright Spark
Just got to love a challenge, as you're probably aware I'm a keen cyclist, both my main bikes are different to how they came out the shops, with upgraded brakes and drive train, in fact one of them i upgraded the drive train twice in the first year..... :ROFLMAO:
Oh gawd 🙄. Have four guys in my team who are avid cyclists. The ££££ these guys spend on their bikes is insane. One guy paid something like £1,200 for a wheel. For a darn wheel!!!!! 😳