New laptop advice, help if you can.

swayzomad

Please let me know if this is a good build. I need to use for things like video editing, large spreadsheets, advertising platforms & occasional gaming but not that important as the games I play are old. About 1.5k in total. Didn't want to get a Mac due to price and OS change. Also didn't want to get larger than 14".

On sidenote, my webcam with my current laptop keeps giving glitchy video output on calls apparently this is due to power issues when connecting USBs, it becomes somewhat better when I use OBS to change settings but then everything becomes laggy when I activate the virtual camera, would this be an issue with my setup / devices or could this be solved by using something like a thunderbolt 4 dock with a new laptop?

Fusion Studio Series: 14" Matte WQXGA 90Hz sRGB 100% LED Widescreen (2880x1800)

Intel® Core™ i7 14 Core Processor 13700H (5.0GHz Turbo)

32GB Corsair 4800MHz SODIMM DDR5 (1 x 32GB)

NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3050 - 6.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1

4TB CORSAIR MP600 PRO NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD (up to 7000 MB/R, 6850 MB/W)

1 x 120W AC Adaptor

1 x 1.5 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power Cable

Fusion Series Integrated 99WH Lithium Ion Battery

Nahimic by SteelSeries 2 Channel HD Audio

WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6E AX211 (2.4 Gbps) + BT 5.3

1 x THUNDERBOLT 4 + 1 x USB 3.2 (TYPE C) + 2 x USB-A 3.2

14" FUSION SERIES SINGLE COLOUR BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD

Windows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00003]

INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE

INTEGRATED 2MP WINDOWS HELLO CAMERA

TongFang PH4PG31 (i7-13700H, 6GB RTX-3050, 2880x1800, 90Hz, sRGB 100%, Blank KB)

Bhuna50

Author Level
On sidenote, my webcam with my current laptop keeps giving glitchy video output on calls apparently this is due to power issues when connecting USBs, it becomes somewhat better when I use OBS to change settings but then everything becomes laggy when I activate the virtual camera, would this be an issue with my setup / devices or could this be solved by using something like a thunderbolt 4 dock with a new laptop?
Regarding this part - you should post separately here:

and follow this post regarding asking for support and posting your spec of your desktop:

Please let me know if this is a good build. I need to use for things like video editing, large spreadsheets, advertising platforms & occasional gaming but not that important as the games I play are old. About 1.5k in total. Didn't want to get a Mac due to price and OS change. Also didn't want to get larger than 14".
Regarding advice on the laptop, what editing software do you use and can you give an example of the games you play? What size are the files you edit?

Can you also post the spec URL for the laptop please