New laptop, can you guys advise if anything i should or shouldnt have or would be better suited?

grazier

Hi all,

Hope you are all good. I am in process of selling my pc and monitor etc as circumstances changing means its best I have a laptop now.

So I have been looking at some the last few days and think the below spec is what I am going to go for. It will be used for casual gaming and some general surfing and using documents etc.

Can you guys (who are far cleverer than myself) just do me a check over it please and make sure I have not do anything silly with the spec?

Many thanks in advance

Paul

Chassis & Display
Recoil Series: 15.6" Matte QHD 165Hz sRGB 100% LED Widescreen (2560x1440)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor 11800H (2.3GHz, 4.6GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair 3200MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3060 - 6.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
Memory Card Reader
Integrated SD Memory Card Reader
AC Adaptor
1 x 230W AC Adaptor
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Battery
Recoil Series Integrated 94WH Lithium Ion Battery
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card
2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Wireless Network Card
GIGABIT LAN & KILLER™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 M.2 GAMING + BLUETOOTH 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
1 x USB 3.2 PORT (Type C) + 3 x USB 3.2 PORTS
Keyboard Language
PER-KEY RGB BACKLIT UK MECHANICAL KEYBOARD
Operating System
Windows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00003]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Google Chrome™
Laptop Cooling Stands
CoolerMaster NotePal L2 Laptop Cooler, up to 17.3 inch
Keyboard & Mouse
INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
Webcam
INTEGRATED 1MP HD WEBCAM
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Chassis
TongFang GM5TG0W (6GB RTX-3060, i7-11800H, 165Hz QHD)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 9 to 11 working days
Price: £1,590.00 including VAT and Delivery

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Please include the URL that was at the bottom of your spec. That allows people to get to your build in the configurator without having to select everything manually. :)

Vergaro98

Super Star
I'll take the 5900hx over the 11800h, it's a better CPU overall. Besides the CPU it seems a good build.
Ps. I've read that killer wifi could cause some problem but I cannot say if it's true or not 😅.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'll take the 5900hx over the 11800h, it's a better CPU overall. Besides the CPU it seems a good build.
Ps. I've read that killer wifi could cause some problem but I cannot say if it's true or not 😅.
Because of Reasons, you can't have the 5900HX and the 3060 together, so the 5900HX would require an upgrade to the 3070, which is significant added cost. For the 1440p screen, this wouldn't be a bad decision, but it does add a lot to the price.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That killer issue is on windows 11, but it's just a bug, they'll sort it if they haven't already.

Vergaro98

Super Star
Because of Reasons, you can't have the 5900HX and the 3060 together, so the 5900HX would require an upgrade to the 3070, which is significant added cost. For the 1440p screen, this wouldn't be a bad decision, but it does add a lot to the price.
If you wanna take the 3060 don't worry, 11800h it's not a bad CPU 👍🏻.

grazier

Thanks for the comments and replies. I have also included the URL, sorry i missed that off.

Is there a massive difference between the Intel i7 11800H and the AMD Rizen 9?

Also I saw the issue when I change the processor to the AMD it also upgrades the GPU to the 3070 automatically, as it won't let you keep the 3060.

Thanks again.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just done a quick Google search and found this, is this correct as it seems to point towards the 11800 being the better processor.

Take a read of this, it explains why not to trust user bench marks any further than you can you throw them