New Laptop - First things...

Paulbax

Silver Level Poster
Macrium Reflect is free and not that hard, really.
If you want to install windows on the other drive you better open the chassis and remove the existing one, just to be sure Windows does not touch it and consider it the one where to store its recovery, MSR partiotions etc.
That's why with Macrium is all way better, as you clone all those partitions at once from one drive to the other.
Thanks Macco.
Ok. I found an awesome video on youtube for how to clone a drive with Macrium Reflect. I share if anyone is interested:

I will probably do this later. In the interim I would be interested to hear from anyone if they either support cloning or a clean install with my recovery usb? (Moving OS to smaller ssd).

Cenksenci

Bronze Level Poster
@Macco26 If there is, What are "must to do" settings on BIOS settings?
And if it is possible , is there any chance to undervolt on CC? Because I only see positive values while you guys are saying "minus" values. Maybe it is possible only on TS I dont know.

Lastly, Macco you are great! :)

Macco26

Expert
As I said in my first video don't touch those CC undervolt settings. Seems to be fake but better don't touch. There is no apply button there. Very too risky IF they worked. Go with Throttlestop and that's all.

Nothing can be done much in the BIOS atm. Anything is accessible from the CC. Unless you want to try to OC the Memory, after unlocking that page.

Paulbax

Silver Level Poster
Thanks Macco.
Ok. I found an awesome video on youtube for how to clone a drive with Macrium Reflect. I share if anyone is interested:

I will probably do this later. In the interim I would be interested to hear from anyone if they either support cloning or a clean install with my recovery usb? (Moving OS to smaller ssd).
@Macco26 I have cloned the OS from the 1TB drive to the 500GB drive. I have gone into BIOS and can see both ssd's. However I cannot get it to change priority order to boot from 500Gb ssd?
Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20210317_201422.jpg
    20210317_201422.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 110

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
@Macco26 I have cloned the OS from the 1TB drive to the 500GB drive. I have gone into BIOS and can see both ssd's. However I cannot get it to change priority order to boot from 500Gb ssd?
Any ideas?
Format the 1TB drive so it doesn't have windows on it, you'll have to delete all the partitions on it, as at the moment the system is seeing 2 copies of windows

Paulbax

Silver Level Poster
You still need to do as i said, 2 copies of Windows on the same machine is a recipe for trouible
Thanks. Yes, I cleaned the 1TB drive and created a new D:\ ~1TB partition. I now only have one OS. Rebooted several times to check and have surprised myself that it all seems to have worked. Feeling a little smuggly proud!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Thanks. Yes, I cleaned the 1TB drive and created a new D:\ ~1TB partition. I now only have one OS. Rebooted several times to check and have surprised myself that it all seems to have worked. Feeling a little smuggly proud!
Good to hear it is sorted, love it when a plan goes to action, now enjoy

kshina

Noob question.
If the speed of the drive is the same.. why would you want to move the windows from the 2nd 1Tb to the 1st 500gbdrive?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Noob question.
If the speed of the drive is the same.. why would you want to move the windows from the 2nd 1Tb to the 1st 500gbdrive?
Because the games go on the 1TB so if you ever need to reinstall the OS, you don't need to reinstall the games