New PC advice sim racing

Relou

Hi Scott ,
I'm more than willing to listen your advise actually my was a mistake I put the 5950X rather than the 5900X in my previous built , I love your build and I will order that PC. Great stuff appreciate it.
Someone mentioned your name as your are sim racing expert, I'm struggling to decide what to buy for my Rig between triple screen 32inches or ultrawide 49 inches, what would be your advise on that ?

thanks

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hi Scott ,
I'm more than willing to listen your advise actually my was a mistake I put the 5950X rather than the 5900X in my previous built , I love your build and I will order that PC. Great stuff appreciate it.
Someone mentioned your name as your are sim racing expert, I'm struggling to decide what to buy for my Rig between triple screen 32inches or ultrawide 49 inches, what would be your advise on that ?

thanks
with that build that @Scott put together i would say G9

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Hi Scott ,

thanks

I wouldn't use the word "expert" but I'm a huge enthusiast :D

3 screens vs the ultrawide won't make too much of a difference to your gameplay ability IMO. I'm guessing you would be looking at 3x 1080p screens, as you wouldn't be able to drive too much more with current GPUs, so that would suggest a peripheral view of 5760 pixels. The G9 has around 5100 pixels so it won't make that much of a difference...... vertically though it will be MUCH better and offer a better overall view.

When you consider that you will be opting for VR I think the choice for static viewing has to be the G9. I find myself drooling every time I see that screen. The curve on it is HUGE and should make a massive improvement to the visuals overall.

Technically the 3 screens can offer you more view, but visually the competition isn't even close with the G9.

Relou

Ok guys,

You help me a lot to make my final decision ,nice to read you it's sounds to my hears ;)

Any idea what is the latest G9 Ref model or factory Ref to check , to avoid to buy one of the old version which was flickering?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Ok guys,

You help me a lot to make my final decision ,nice to read you it's sounds to my hears ;)

Any idea what is the latest G9 Ref model or factory Ref to check , to avoid to buy one of the old version which was flickering?
The recall was completed. There is no option to buy the faulty unit :)

Relou

I'm about place the order what do I answer to this question?
We note that you have selected an M.2/PCI-E SSD drive and a mechanical hard drive under the primary hard disk drive option. Please confirm whether you would like your operating system (OS) to be installed on the SSD drive or on the mechanical hard drive.

thanks

MrWilson

Godlike
I'm about place the order what do I answer to this question?
We note that you have selected an M.2/PCI-E SSD drive and a mechanical hard drive under the primary hard disk drive option. Please confirm whether you would like your operating system (OS) to be installed on the SSD drive or on the mechanical hard drive.

thanks
You want the SSD drive, which should be the default option. PCS will install it on the fastest SSD available, which is the 980 pro.

Relou

Thanks for the fast answer ;)
Out of curiosity is that discontinued ?
1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)

As the other component out of stock give us a pre order option but not this one.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I wouldn't recommend a primary drive of 1TB unless you have a specific need. You'll just fill it with dross and if you need to reformat it will be a pain. Having a smaller drive means you keep things neater by default.

Relou

Interesting thx Scott and thx again for the build order made , knowledge is power (y)

Exiting time never bought a PC so expensive , the wait will be long...

Last edited: