EmmaWilliamson688

Silver Level Poster

Attachments

• easus1.PNG
    easus1.PNG
    341.2 KB · Views: 78

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
i dont get anything like that image you have posted? the link you gave has this page https://www.easeus.com/ppc/partitio...3aRVwWcVS3ya0CsqFOGwKf1apKpW9hCIaAoFBEALw_wcB

When i click on that i see this and i do click on the free trial it downloads and installs. When i click on clone i cant go to proceed without a key. If it was a free trial maybe they expect payment info first? im very confused
Ooooooooo, maybe they've discretely changed it.

Ok, forget that one, it's a bit dodgy at the best of times when it comes to paying for it.

Try MiniTool, it's also free and very good:

There's directions, they call cloning "copy disk":

EmmaWilliamson688

Silver Level Poster
Ok, works fine for me.

In that case, you'd need to use one of clonezilla or Macrium Reflect. They're open source so definitely free.
perhaps coz u existing version has a license of sorts? maybe they changed it. I will check out macrium, clonezilla says ur drive that u clone to has to be equal to or larger than source drive which sadly isn't the case for me

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
ok started macrium reflect, cloning in progress, wish me luck! :)
All the best 👍🏼

One that’s done, you need to make sure it boots successfully. Shut down, boot into BIOS and change the boot priority to the new drive, boot windows, if it’s working ok, then you can completely wipe the old drive. Then you’re good to go.

EmmaWilliamson688

Silver Level Poster
ok noob question but with the asus bot menu i didn't see anywhere to set boot priority, i just set the 500 to position 1 and the 2tb in position 2 but when i restart the c drive is still the 2tb? will that only change when i format the 2tb?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
ok noob question but with the asus bot menu i didn't see anywhere to set boot priority, i just set the 500 to position 1 and the 2tb in position 2 but when i restart the c drive is still the 2tb? will that only change when i format the 2tb?
It may be that the 500Gb isn't booting correctly.

Take the 2Tb out of the boot list and see if it boots.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
it still has the 2tb as c drive, even if i select the 500gb, is it always going to be that?
C is just the windows partition of the booting drive. so if it's booting off the 2Tb then that drives windows partition will always be C

If you're booting off the 500Gb drive, then that windows partition will be the C drive.

Can you take a screenshot of your disk management window? Just want to make sure it's actually cloned the disk rather than copying a partition?

EmmaWilliamson688

Silver Level Poster
i dont understand how to remove it from the bios tho, this is really more advanced than id like :/ why cant it be like the old days with a simple boot menu.....this bloomin asus board is insane! only got it coz it was recommended for the card and cpu on here. I really dont know what to do. I dont want to try and take hardware out, esp since il have to take out the graphics card to get to the m.2 to disconnect it.
I feel like this was more hassle than worth i really dont get why they didnt put the os on the smaller drive :/ Now if i find this hard i dont think id be able to do a clean windows install if i cant even handle the bios.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
i dont understand how to remove it from the bios tho, this is really more advanced than id like :/ why cant it be like the old days with a simple boot menu.....this bloomin asus board is insane! only got it coz it was recommended for the card and cpu on here. I really dont know what to do. I dont want to try and take hardware out, esp since il have to take out the graphics card to get to the m.2 to disconnect it.
I feel like this was more hassle than worth i really dont get why they didnt put the os on the smaller drive :/ Now if i find this hard i dont think id be able to do a clean windows install if i cant even handle the bios.
Try spamming F8 when booting instead of F2, that may load the boot menu.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It still shows the 2tb at c :/
What do you mean? After booting from the 500Gb? If so then it means the 500Gb is failing to boot so it's moving through the boot priority to the next device in the list.

TBH, a clean install is going to be a lot simpler and like I said, it's something you're going to have to know how to do anyway as you'll be doing it at least once a year with windows version upgrades.