New pc arrived! Pics included!

soapstar

Just got my new PC, and what a beast of a PC it is!

97ruvd.jpg

2dlnevc.jpg

As you can see it works great! Highly recommended!

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to see this - did this happen when you first switched it on? Have you tried to re-install windows?

wiserommer

Bronze Level Poster
Just got my new PC, and what a beast of a PC it is!

97ruvd.jpg

2dlnevc.jpg

As you can see it works great! Highly recommended!

With all due respect i think sarcasm is not the answer...its does require for windows to be installed again, that is plainly obvious..its happened to me a few times.

soapstar

Sorry to see this - did this happen when you first switched it on? Have you tried to re-install windows?

No it worked perfectly the entire day yesterday, this all just started this mornng with a IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error. No I havent tried to re-install windows, dont see why I should have to. The PC doesnt even boot properly at all now, just continually reboots itself. I have requested a repair.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I can see your repair request - we will approve this and fix it for you as soon as we can.

soapstar

PC broken, need som help please!

Received my new PC which worked amazing for one day, however this morning it crashed stating a IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error. Can anyone give me some insight to what this error means? Is this hardware or software related? Carrying on...Now when i boot the PC it fails to load windows, giving a 'A disk read arror has occured, press ctrl Alt Del to restart' message!

I have requested a repair this morning but this is obviously not going to be done quickly with christmas etc..and would like to at least try myself to fix this issue and not waste PCS time or mine! Im just beginning to wonder if this issue can be caused with a windows update? As an update was installed the last time i shut down my PC

If these error messages arent related to hardware then i would like try and resolve this problem, should i try to re-install windows 7?

Thanks for any help, appreciate it

I3astards

Bronze Level Poster
Good customer service does not lie with faults-less service but the ability to rectify issues efficently :). it demonstrates being able to competently ables issues i think. Just like the above PCS comment.

Service seems to be good from what ive read and this is why im going to get my machine from pc/s (when i finally get the $).

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
You could try booting into safe mode,if succesful check out event viewer to see if problem is identified,if you cant boot into safe mode try reinstall.Many things could cause this ,driver issues being top of the list.

soapstar

You could try booting into safe mode,if succesful check out event viewer to see if problem is identified,if you cant boot into safe mode try reinstall.Many things could cause this ,driver issues being top of the list.

Well it seems i cant do either of those, i can only boot from the windows cd but it just seems to hang at the 'starting windows' splash screen. I guess this is looking like a hardware issue? :(

Anyone know when PCS is open again?!

PaulH

Bright Spark
Its a driver problem. and at a guess, as it was working perfectly fine, windows has updated something and caused the above.

As a start id try safe mode, but dependant on spec, it might just be the bios has reset and you are not set to AHCI anymore, Im 99% confident we can solve this for you over the phone and save you having to send the PC back.

At worst your going to need to reinstall windows.

soapstar

Its a driver problem. and at a guess, as it was working perfectly fine, windows has updated something and caused the above.

As a start id try safe mode, but dependant on spec, it might just be the bios has reset and you are not set to AHCI anymore, Im 99% confident we can solve this for you over the phone and save you having to send the PC back.

At worst your going to need to reinstall windows.

Hi Paul, thanks for your time.

I also feel windows update is to blame. However i cant seem to get the computer into safe mode, as cannot get into the option of doing so (pressing F8). Yes i would be more than willing to reinstall windows but again booting from the windows cd fails to work, it just hangs on the windows splash screen after 'loading windows files'?!:D

As for the AHCI...When i go into the BIOS Setup it states 'Congifure SATA as: AHCI Mode', is this what you mean?

Sorry im not a technical expert! :)

CaseSensitive

Good customer service does not lie with faults-less service but the ability to rectify issues efficently :). it demonstrates being able to competently ables issues i think. Just like the above PCS comment.

Service seems to be good from what ive read and this is why im going to get my machine from pc/s (when i finally get the $).

+1 except that I already have the $