New PC + Experience with PCS and Yodel

MeveM

Bright Spark
So, haven't gotten around to writing a review until now, been too busy enjoying my new toy. (Sorry, no pictures :(, no camera, and a very messy house anyway!)

Case
COOLERMASTER CM STORM SNIPER - NEXT GEN GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5-2500 Quad Core (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z68-V: USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, NVIDIA®SLI™, ATI®CrossFireX
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
1.25GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 570 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card
NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
750GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD7502AAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
2nd Hard Disk
NONE
RAID
NONE
SSD CACHE DRIVE
NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NONE
Memory Card Reader
NONE
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£86)
Processor Cooling
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£19)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI CARD (£16)
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Modem
NONE, I WILL BE USING BROADBAND
Floppy Disk Drive
NONE
Firewire & Video Editing
NONE
TV Card
NONE
Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Monitor
NONE
2nd Monitor
NONE
DVI-D & HDMI Monitor Cables
NONE
Eyefinity / GeForce 3D Vision
NONE
Keyboard & Mouse
NONE
Mouse
NONE
Speakers
NONE
Webcam
NONE
Headsets (VOIP)
NONE
Surge Protection
NONE
Printer
NONE
External Hard Drive
NONE
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Home Installation
NONE
Data Recovery
NONE
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Pricing Information

Price (excluding VAT)
£815.00

Price
£978.00

Order Quantity

Bulk Discount
£0.00

Total Order price (Ex VAT)
£815.00

Total Order Price
£978.00

Payment Method
Debit Card

Delivery Details
Please enter courier instructions here only. Leave blank if not required.

Wattage

Maximum Required Power
529W
Production Dates

Processed Date
10-08-2011
Pre-Production Date
16-08-2011
Build Date
16-08-2011
Test Date
23-08-2011
QC Date
23-08-2011
Awaiting Dispatch Date
25-08-2011
Dispatch Date
25-08-2011
Who Worked on This Order?

Built By
Andrew Vincent
Tested By
Zbear Ramzan
QC'd By
Adnaan Marban
Packed By
Anthony Cunliffe

So above is my spec.

First of all I spent a lot of time refreshing my order status and worrying about delays, when infact there was none.
My PC was finished and dispatched in 11 working days without any issues.

The PCS staff on the phone lines were the most polite customer support I've ever experienced, Andrew, Matthew and one last employee were the ones I spoke to, and they were a real credit to the company.

I like the fact that when I was speaking to Andrew on my first phonecall, he went down into the place where all the work goes on with me still on the line, he checked my case, and read it all out to me and made sure I did get the Sniper Black Edition case, I just felt very welcomed when you get treated like that, they don't shove you on hold, he took me with him on his headset and spoke to me on the way down.

During the building process Gorman and others on the forum were also of great support.

Not much else to say about the building process, just a top quality support.

Now then Yodel and their delivery.
Well all I can say is that I had my concerns with the complaints about delivery here on the forum, however, my experience with Yodel was top notch.

Status Scan Date Scan Time Signatory Location
Delivered 26-aug-2011 10:21:01 MISS D PROUD PRESTON SERVICE CENTRE
Out for delivery 26-aug-2011 09:11:00 PRESTON SERVICE CENTRE
Arrived At Depot 26-aug-2011 08:21:00 PRESTON SERVICE CENTRE
In transit but delayed 26-aug-2011 08:21:00 PRESTON SERVICE CENTRE
Departed Depot 26-aug-2011 03:05:22 WEDNESBURY HUB
Arrived At Depot 26-aug-2011 03:04:40 WEDNESBURY HUB
Parcel Size/Volume Check 26-aug-2011 03:04:39 WEDNESBURY HUB
Departed Depot 25-aug-2011 18:33:00 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE
Parcel Picked Up 25-aug-2011 16:05:00 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE
Parcel data received awaiting coll. 25-aug-2011 00:00:00 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE

As you can see from the tracker, It came to my local Depot at 8:21AM, and was delivered to my front door 2 hours later at 10:21AM.

The box was untouched, not a scratch on the box, no rips nothing, perfect condition. Only concern is what the driver thinking when my partner signed for it, Miss D Proud... It's Blackburn, not Proud, so haven't got a clue where that came from.

Either way, all in all, Yodel experience? Top notch, 5/5 star.

So my PC.

I got it out of the box, seriously excited, very surpriced to see how bloody massive the case was, it's almost twice as wide as my old, and not far from twice the size in all dimentions. The inside of the case had so much spare room its ridicules.

I had a minor problem installing windows 7, since it's a new BIOS which looked all fancy, I spent about 15 minutes figuring out how to change the boot to CD, after that was done I got everything sorted.

Got everything online, started installing my games, it was agonising... WoW and Battlefield BC 2 were first on the line, both having a agonising long waiting time to update, so had to sit there and wait to try my new monster. But once ingame, it blew me away. WoW on max settings with over 200fps, and lowest 60 in the centre of were everyone collects, few hundreds of people roaming about.

Running BFBC2 at max without any lag whatsoever, the eye candy value is immense.

I've had a minor problem with my wireless network card, but I think I sorted it.

So all in all;

PCS: Top Notch, no complains, only compliments. 5/5
Yodel: Top Notch, no complains, only compliments. 5/5
New PC Named Levitation: Top Notch, minor issues which have been resolved easily, Tons of compliments and full of satisfaction. 5/5

I cannot praise PCS enough, I could rant on and on and on about how absolutely awesome their service and production quality is.

Many thanks to everyone I spoke to at PCS, everyone who worked on my PC, and thanks to Yodel.

I will definitely get mine, and my partners next PC's from PCS, I doubt I'll ever order a PC from anywhere else and I will keep recommending PCS to everyone I know.

TudorVII

Enthusiast
Great review on your overall experience ordering from PCS, this definitely makes me more confident for when I order mine from them.

+Rep for the spec and review.

MeveM

Bright Spark
Great review on your overall experience ordering from PCS, this definitely makes me more confident for when I order mine from them.

+Rep for the spec and review.

You should have all confidence in them, if you got any worries or questions, no matter how minor, call their support line, the people on the otherside of the phone are really, really helpful and understand you, I apologized to the third person I spoke to for ringing them a 3rd time, and he said "Oh it's no problem, it's exciting getting a new PC isn't it?" with a really jolly attitude. I felt very welcomed throughout the whole process.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Good stuff Jo! Always nice to see the progression from "OMG WHAT DO I BUY" to "LOOK AT MA SHINY PC" (ok, no pics, but you my meaning).

Also nice to see some praise for all parts of the process, just to prove Yodel arent completely useless.

+Rep for the review (will let you off with pics...for now :D )

DED

MeveM

Bright Spark
Good stuff Jo! Always nice to see the progression from "OMG WHAT DO I BUY" to "LOOK AT MA SHINY PC" (ok, no pics, but you my meaning).

Also nice to see some praise for all parts of the process, just to prove Yodel arent completely useless.

+Rep for the review (will let you off with pics...for now :D )

DED

Shush you :p, all you need to do is take a look at your own PC, admire the Sniper case in all it's splendor, and you've seen everything you need to see about my PC :p
Isn't it a right bloody beauty?

Oh I do have one complaint! I only got 1 sticker!! :( Only got the Corsair sticker, no Nvidia, Intel etc :(((

robertbollo

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks for the detailed review! I'm a couple days away from my purchase! Cannot wait! Always makes it better to hear other peoples stories or purchasing from here!!!

samx300

Enthusiast
Shush you :p, all you need to do is take a look at your own PC, admire the Sniper case in all it's splendor, and you've seen everything you need to see about my PC :p
Isn't it a right bloody beauty?

Oh I do have one complaint! I only got 1 sticker!! :( Only got the Corsair sticker, no Nvidia, Intel etc :(((

I too received deficit stickers!! :( But upon contacting PCS, I was told that it depends on whether the parts used were retail or OEM.
I received: Powered by Corsair, My SSD is Faster than your HDD (OCZ) and Powered by Asus... I really wanted a cool nVidia GeForce and Intel sticker! :-/