New PC - Good, Bad and Power Cable fun :)

steaky360

Howdy folks,

PC arrived yesterday (yay) - great stuff all round, much excitement etc. So first things first, here it is - the case is a beaut!

Y0sfRqr.jpg

Came in a rather large box, much bigger than the PC, but typically well packaged. Don't usually get this excited for packages to arrive but this was an exception :)

dRMTO1S.jpg

As you can see the PC was well protected, here's the welcome pack for anyone who comes to the forums wondering what we're going on about when we say that :) Basically all the spare cables, screws, mounts and what not from your build that comes with the various components you've bought.

QqGgCiz.jpg

I was maybe blind to it at first, or forgot to check, but I didn't notice until this morning that only one powercable was attached to the GPU. I did have it on my list of things to check too but sadly forgot!

k3OzJO3.jpg

I've threaded a second cable through now, what a pain that was! Its really REALLY tight in the cable tray on the back of the case!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sweet!!!! Goddam you've got a nice setup!

I can't quite make out, is that a GPU bracked under the GPU? Do you know which model GPU it is?

I will feed that back to customer services about only one PCIe cable being attached to the GPU, that really needs to stop.

target680

Bronze Level Poster
Howdy folks,

PC arrived yesterday (yay) - great stuff all round, much excitement etc. So first things first, here it is - the case is a beaut!

Y0sfRqr.jpg

Came in a rather large box, much bigger than the PC, but typically well packaged. Don't usually get this excited for packages to arrive but this was an exception :)

dRMTO1S.jpg

As you can see the PC was well protected, here's the welcome pack for anyone who comes to the forums wondering what we're going on about when we say that :) Basically all the spare cables, screws, mounts and what not from your build that comes with the various components you've bought.

QqGgCiz.jpg

I was maybe blind to it at first, or forgot to check, but I didn't notice until this morning that only one powercable was attached to the GPU. I did have it on my list of things to check too but sadly forgot!

k3OzJO3.jpg

I've threaded a second cable through now, what a pain that was! Its really REALLY tight in the cable tray on the back of the case!
Congrats man. Looks awesome. How much RAM did you get??

target680

Bronze Level Poster
Howdy folks,

Y0sfRqr.jpg

dRMTO1S.jpg

QqGgCiz.jpg

k3OzJO3.jpg

Actually another question did you get a free gamer with yours?? Wondering about the free copy or if its limited.

steaky360

Went for 32Gb in the end... totally overkill but had the budget... and yeah I got a code for Assassins Creed Valhalla I believe - it was emailed to me once my PC was dispatched. I imagine they are limited numbers.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Went for 32Gb in the end... totally overkill but had the budget... and yeah I got a code for Assassins Creed Valhalla I believe - it was emailed to me once my PC was dispatched. I imagine they are limited numbers.
Any game offer is only valid while stocks last, a partner gets issued with a certain amount of keys from nvidia or AMD and its first come first served.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
That's absolutely stunning. Did you go with the 3900XT?

That system has you covered for many years, prime for a Zen3 when you fancy too :D

Shame it's not got the RGB RAM. I still want someone to explain to me why that case can't house RGB RAM. Looks to me that there's a mile of space.

target680

Bronze Level Poster
Did you break the 32gb into 4 sticks then?? Or are they blanks?

I went with 2nr 16gb. Wonder if there will be gaps or not?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Did you break the 32gb into 4 sticks then?? Or are they blanks?

I went with 2nr 16gb. Wonder if there will be gaps or not?

3600 only comes in 4x8 for 32GB from PCS.

2x16GB will have 2 spaces. You can purchase RGB gap fillers if you wish though. This is what I'll likely do with my next rig as I only want to use the one channel.

target680

Bronze Level Poster
3600 only comes in 4x8 for 32GB from PCS.

2x16GB will have 2 spaces. You can purchase RGB gap fillers if you wish though. This is what I'll likely do with my next rig as I only want to use the one channel.
Ahh cool.

It does look really smart with the 4 sticks in black i like that alot.

D

Deleted member 103489

wow, love this case so much, and full of RGB goodness :D

Enjoy your new PC... now i can't wait to get my pc lol

melocolic

I’ve gently messaged Customer Services as well about the PCIe connectors.
Looks like standard practice is to still send out non-GPU builds with 1 PCI-e GPU cable. As the OP said, the 500D SE is very tight for adding an extra cable so although I've now done it it's a real pain on this case. My bad for not specifying that I needed 2 cables run to the GPU but being honest I would have thought this would have been standard in 2020 so didn't think twice about it!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Looks like standard practice is to still send out non-GPU builds with 1 PCI-e GPU cable. As the OP said, the 500D SE is very tight for adding an extra cable so although I've now done it it's a real pain on this case. My bad for not specifying that I needed 2 cables run to the GPU but being honest I would have thought this would have been standard in 2020 so didn't think twice about it!
This is a separate issue but possibly worth highlighting to PCS to make them aware that different customers will likely want different cable layouts.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I can't see them doing it as standard until all GPUs need 2 PCI-e cables. I think the best/most prudent optoin would be something in the configurator, maybe the pop-up about Windows etc...maybe something saying "how many PCI-e cables will your GPU require" or some such...this way they will know how many to add rather than adding 2 to builds that won't need 2
Yes, much like when you state you have your own case, it then pops up and extra bit on the following page as below, perhaps they could add something similar to query on GPU make and model to be added:

1607347676072.png