New pc minor issue

alastair

Bronze Level Poster
New pc arrived and all is well except for the top fan's not working, just need to know what to look for in the way of connectors etc.
Case corsair 600t, psu corsair hx1000, mobo p6x58d-e

Also can anyone suggest some benchmarking software to gauge performance, just for a laugh as i'm not going to fiddle with anything.
Cheers

Sleinous

Author Level
I made a post on how to do this somewhere else, basically youre looking for a molex connector or a very small fan connector, fan connector will plug to motherboard - look in manual to find out which headers are fan power headers but if it is molex, it will connec to a spare molex connector of the opposite gender. Any spare molex will do.

alastair

Bronze Level Poster
cheers mate, i thought you had mentioned this brfore but i couldn't see it. I'll go and have a poke around and see whats hanging loose in the case.

Sleinous

Author Level
If you want, include a pic of the loose fan wire, and, of your inside case :) Should be easy to tell you what to connect up then.

alastair

Bronze Level Poster
all sorted, it hadn't been connected to the fan controller was all. did confuse me that the connecter from the controller had a cover on though lol.
i'll have a look at those cheers Phoenix