New PC, Poor Wifi

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
they're not screwing out, just spinning in the socket
Ah, ok, that's odd....

Just wondering, what anti virus are you using? Do you have any VPN installed or any browsers like Opera or extensions like tunnel bear or anthing?

Can you right click on the network icon in the bottom right of windows, then go "open network and internet settings", then "change adapter options" and post a screenshot of the network adapters?

dylanbull

Ah, ok, that's odd....

Just wondering, what anti virus are you using? Do you have any VPN installed or any browsers like Opera or extensions like tunnel bear or anthing?

Can you right click on the network icon in the bottom right of windows, then go "open network and internet settings", then "change adapter options" and post a screenshot of the network adapters?
i'm using opera gx right now and i got the free bullguard trial that comes with the pc

Attachments

• internet adapters.PNG
    internet adapters.PNG
    41.3 KB · Views: 148

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
i'm using opera gx right now and i got the free bullguard trial that comes with the pc
Ok, can you fully uninstall both of those, just for testing, then reboot the PC.

Bullguard has been known to cause networking issues, as has Opera.

I would recommend leaving bullguard uninstalled, the included windows defender is actually better anyway.

Once rebooted, go straight to windows update and force check to see if there are any updates.

dylanbull

Ok, can you fully uninstall both of those, just for testing, then reboot the PC.

Bullguard has been known to cause networking issues, as has Opera.

I would recommend leaving bullguard uninstalled, the included windows defender is actually better anyway.

Once rebooted, go straight to windows update and force check to see if there are any updates.
have uninstalled both and its not changed anything, made my ping worse if anything

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
rebooted and ran another speed test, still the same speeds
In that case I’d contact PCS, possibly a dud card. The fact you can’t unscrew the antenna as they’re fixed means it’s not the usual card they use.

Point them to this thread as they can see the troubleshooting we’ve done.

Basically we’ve worked out that:

Antenna are fixed correctly
Plenty of signal
Other devices in same location are getting 60Mb/s
Uninstalled problem software which could contribute to issues
No VPN’s or gateways throttling traffic
No background updates taking bandwidth
Drivers up to date

dylanbull

In that case I’d contact PCS, possibly a dud card. The fact you can’t unscrew the antenna as they’re fixed means it’s not the usual card they use.

Point them to this thread as they can see the troubleshooting we’ve done.

Basically we’ve worked out that:

Antenna are fixed correctly
Plenty of signal
Other devices in same location are getting 60Mb/s
Uninstalled problem software which could contribute to issues
No VPN’s or gateways throttling traffic
No background updates taking bandwidth
Drivers up to date
Cool, very much appreciate the help