New PC

Brash

I am about to order this. Use will be 4K casual gaming, photo editing and storage, music recording and editing (Reaper with audio interface).

Is there anything I need to tweak? Cheers.

Case
PCS PRISM TG WHITE ARGB MID TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12 Core CPU (4.7GHz-5.6GHz/76MB CACHE/AM5)
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI (DDR5, PCIe 5.0) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
32GB PCS PRO DDR5 4800MHz (1 x 32GB)
Graphics Card
12GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4070 - HDMI, DP, LHR
1st M.2 SSD Drive
2TB CORSAIR CORE XT MP600 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD (up to 5000 MB/R, 4400 MB/W)
1st Storage Drive
6TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 256MB CACHE
1st Storage Drive
4TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 128MB CACHE
Memory Card Reader
USB 3.0 EXTERNAL SD/MICRO SD CARD READER
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W RMe SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
PCS FrostFlow 150 Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Extra Case Fans
2 x 120mm Thermaltake TOUGHFAN 12 Case Fans
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
ONBOARD 2.5Gbe LAN PORT
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00003]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)

Bhuna50

Author Level
Please quote budget and details of monitor and also add the link provided at bottom of the spec.

Brash

Please quote budget and details of monitor and also add the link provided at bottom of the spec.
This come in about £2,300 which has pushed my budget. As such an upgrade to a 4K monitor will have to wait a wee while (suggestions welcomed tho. Probably looking at a 32/34" wide screen to replace the Hannspree I currently have).

Seems I can't post the link without starting a new Thread. The above is a cut and paste of the majority of the quote tho.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This come in about £2,300 which has pushed my budget. As such an upgrade to a 4K monitor will have to wait a wee while (suggestions welcomed tho).

Seems I can't post the link without starting a new Thread. The above is a cut and paste of the majority of the quote tho.
Lols, you’ve managed to not answer either question.

But didn’t you buy a system recently? Any reason you’re replacing it so soon?

Brash

Lols, you’ve managed to not answer either question.

But didn’t you buy a system recently? Any reason you’re replacing it so soon?
I answered both questions re budget and monitor. Am I missing something here?

I haven't bought a new PC for nearly 4 years. What makes you think I've bought one recently?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I answered both questions re budget and monitor. Am I missing something here?
This come in about £2,300 which has pushed my budget.
You've stated that 2300 is pushing your budget, not what you actual budget is?

As such an upgrade to a 4K monitor will have to wait a wee while (suggestions welcomed tho. Probably looking at a 32/34" wide screen to replace the Hannspree I currently have).
You haven't said what make and model you currently have, or your budget for a new one?

I haven't bought a new PC for nearly 4 years. What makes you think I've bought one recently?

Did you not buy that one?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

Brash

You've stated that 2300 is pushing your budget, not what you actual budget is?

You haven't said what make and model you currently have, or your budget for a new one?

Did you not buy that one?
Well then, say my budget is £2300 give or take. The monitor I have is Hannspree 32" curved screen (HG324 might be the model No). Haven't really looked into a new monitor in any detail but something in the 32/34" size region. Budget wise probs about £500.

That PC in the link is nearly 4 years ago. Is that considered recent for a PC? I dunno.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That PC in the link is nearly 4 years ago. Is that considered recent for a PC? I dunno.
Yes, it's about half way into its lifecycle. What's making you want to replace it? The whole point of a well designed PC is that it's upgradeable, you don't need to replace it, just upgrade parts. Replacing it is a complete waste of money.

Can you post your full current specs from the order page? If we can spread your budget on upgrades rather than a new system, you'll get something far better rounded and far more powerful.

Brash

Yes, it's about half way into its lifecycle. What's making you want to replace it? The whole point of a well designed PC is that it's upgradeable, you don't need to replace it, just upgrade parts. Replacing it is a complete waste of money.

Can you post your full current specs from the order page? If we can spread your budget on upgrades rather than a new system, you'll get something far better rounded and far more powerful.
Hmmmmmm, yeah. I see your point. Never really thought of it like that for upgrades. That said, I'd not be that confident in doing such work myself.

Reason for getting a new PC. Probably just because I fancy one :):).

I'm quite impulsive and if I set my mind on something I usually go for it. I quite enjoy doing the research before hand if it's something like this or expensive like a new car, motorbike, telly, cooker, whatever.

There are some issues with the current machine. It got knocked off the desk a while back and the case is busted. RGB fans don't all work and if it's switched off for more than a day or two it takes ages to work. The tool bar across the bottom appears as a mash of fuzzy lines and the icons on it can't be seen or clicked on with the mouse pointer. After a recent holiday for a fortnight it took over half an hour to work properly. Graphics card issue? It's generally a lot slower than it used to be. Even simple documents can take up to 30 seconds to load (I use Libra Office).

Because I'm a photographer (amateur) I have tens of thousands of high res photos stored and this has eaten into the storage a fair bit. Yeah, I could delete a few and have used external discs as back ups but the ones on the PC still use up a lot of space. The main SSD is about 90% full and the other two are roughly 80% and 60% respectively.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go down the route of a new system on this occasion as opposed to upgrading my current one. Just wondered if the spec posted is a decent set up for it's intended use.

TBH, I'm not necessarily looking to save a hundred quid here or there just looking for confirmation the choices I've made are appropriate and if any modifications are advisable.

Cheers for the assistance.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That said, I'd not be that confident in doing such work myself.
You don’t need to, PCS can do it, that’s kind of the point of a system integrator.

Because I'm a photographer (amateur) I have tens of thousands of high res photos stored and this has eaten into the storage a fair bit.
Urm, you just add more storage, again you’re kind of missing the point of having a pc

It got knocked off the desk a while back and the case is busted. RGB fans don't all work and if it's switched off for more than a day or two it takes ages to work. The tool bar across the bottom appears as a mash of fuzzy lines and the icons on it can't be seen or clicked on with the mouse pointer. After a recent holiday for a fortnight it took over half an hour to work properly. Graphics card issue? It's generally a lot slower than it used to be. Even simple documents can take up to 30 seconds to load (I use Libra Office).
So the idea would be to fix it, not just let it go to waste.

I’m sorry, I won’t support someone just having a pc for the sake of it and not learning how to troubleshoot or keep it in good health. It’s totally pointless and a laptop would be a better solution if that’s how you intend to continue.

I'm not necessarily looking to save a hundred quid here or there just looking for confirmation the choices I've made are appropriate and if any modifications are advisable.
You’re missing the point, with your budget you’d be looking at a mid range pc if you bought new, you won’t do 4k as the budget isn’t there either for the build or the monitor

If you were to upgrade you could get a high end 4k build which would thrash the pants of replacing it.

I won’t offer any more advice though, in my eyes a pc is wasted for you, a laptop would be more suitable

A PC needs love and care just like a child, if you’re going to mistreat it and not maintain it, you shouldn’t have one