New Rig!

JaM1e

Bronze Level Poster
Hi all! :)

Just thought I would join in the banter here on the forums, I've just ordered the below and now I have the long wait for it to be dispatched! Feel like a kid at Christmas, I've checked the status like 30 times in 2 days lol!

COOLERMASTER CM690 MKII ADVANCED CASE

Overclocked Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz @ max 4.80GHz)

ASUS® P8Z68-V: USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, NVIDIA®SLI™, ATI®CrossFireX

8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)

1.5GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

12x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£45)

CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX750 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£86)

COOLIT ECO II A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER) (£59)

ARCTIC COOLING MX-3 HIGH THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)

ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs

6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

LOGITECH® G9X LASER GAMING MOUSE (£64)

LOGITECH® GAMING HEADSET G35 - 7.1 SURROUND SOUND (£95)

3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)

Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days

FREE Batman Arkham City with any Nvidia® GeForce GTX560 or above!

Copious

Bronze Level Poster
Looks like a great set up. After doing lots of research myself the only thing I would suggest is a SSD for your OS.

Rakk

The Awesome
Looks pretty good, but I would suggest getting the silver warranty for a fiver, it's well worth it.

What are you going to be using it for? Gaming?

JaM1e

Bronze Level Poster
Would a SSD make much difference or? It is purely for gaming yeah :) I didn't realise for £5 I could get silver warranty, I should just be able to amend my order right?

I'm hoping this will enable to me run Battlefield 3 etc maxed out! :turned:

Rakk

The Awesome
Would a SSD make much difference or?
Well it makes loading a lot faster (of your OS and software), but I'm not convinced about how much it helps gameplay (I may be horribly wrong though).

I didn't realise for £5 I could get silver warranty, I should just be able to amend my order right?
Yep, should be easily addable. Though on teh web site you can only amend your order once it's moved into pre-production (i.e. out of processing), so you can wait til tehn to do it online, or give PCS a call.

Fear

Prolific Poster
I've checked the status like 30 times in 2 days lol!

Is that all well i don't think your all that desperate for your new PC :p

If you are just gaming i would not bother with the overclocking the machine will handle any game you throw at it anyway and as Rakk has said a SSD will increase loading times of the system and programs but i also don't think they do much to improve gaming.

JaM1e

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks guys I really appreciate the advice, I might look to tweak a few things then at this rate!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
as you have selected the p8z68 v, it may be worth using a small SSD as a caching drive, increases the performance of a HDD.

You can read about it here

I dunno how much it would cost, but wouldn't be as much as a 60gb ssd, but pcs would have it all set up for you, ready to go.

JaM1e

Bronze Level Poster
Well I'm on 10 working days now and still in "Pre-Production", the wait is absolutely killing me!!! Wonder how much longer I have to wait :(