New streaming PC!

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ok, so if I can cancel, this is the final spec I'm going for for £2,878. Changed the Firecuda for a 970 as it means I can get an extra TB on the boot drive for the same price.

Look good?

CaseCORSAIR iCUE 5000X RGB MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card8GB ASUS TUF GAMING GEFORCE RTX 3070 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
1st M.2 SSD Drive2TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive2TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H115i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting50cm RGB LED Strip
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusNO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
BrowserGoogle Chrome™
Warranty3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
DeliverySTANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build TimeStandard Build - Approximately 14 to 16 working days
The STRIX board isn’t necessary for the 5800X, the TUF will be fine. And the TUF 3070 is a premium for a card that will perform almost exactly the same. Although I guess you’re paying for the availability. Then WiFi card and Warranty has been covered!

MrWilson

Godlike
I think we've had mixed success with PCS letting you cancel while keeping your position in the queue. The best way to improve your chances have seemed to be getting a quote ready with the new spec. That should give you a quote number that you can supply over the phone that should make it easier to switch your build across from Intel to AMD.
Your best bet at getting a call in is to do it right before 9am tomorrow morning, so you shouldn't have to wait too long.

cwobritton1875

Just got an email to say it's gone into build (with old Intel setup) so looks like this was all for nought 😭

Last edited:

cwobritton1875

PCS are lovely, so cancelled and re-ordered on Tuesday and it went into testing yesterday! I thoroughly recommend switching to a 3070 if folks are really struggling :)