Next Mouse

lewishollings

Bright Spark
Okay so my current mouse is a Razer Deathadder 3500 and I personally love it, but I have noticed that it's wearing and the side buttons require you too push a little harder now, which can be awkward when trying to switch weapons! What mouses would you recommend? preferably one which has adjustable DPI because at the moment, I have mine set to 900, Side buttons are essential for me! Just the 2! Link away ladies and gents...

bigben

Master Poster
I have a R.A.T. 7. It's only suitable for right handed people.
I really like it. My brother hates it.
It's pretty adjustable, you can change the length, the thumb rest, the shape of the palm rest, the weight.
It has a few different DPI settings and 2 handy thumb buttons (the red button is too far away and not that useful). I'm also not really sure what the point in the wheel by the thumb....

The braided cable is also a nice touch.

lewishollings

Bright Spark
The razer imperator looks nice :) quite pricey though! And hmm I've never really looked into those R.A.T.s they dont seem to appeal to me, like the sound of customizing it though! Atm I have a soft steelseries mouse mat that is starting to look pretty worn!

bigben

Master Poster
Probably just bad experiences, the only hard ones I have ever used were all given to me by suppliers at work - clever advertising actually, if you choose to use it then you see it pretty much all day every day when you are at work..

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Corsair M65? 3 adjustable DPI settings conveniently located, 'Sniper' button on the side that brings the DPI down even further for those long range headshots. Comfortable to use although not ergonomic as such, it's quite a short mouse so you can't just relax your hand on it otherwise the bottom of your palm will probably be on your desk. Very decent software to configure the buttons and DPI settings, goes up to 8000-odd.

http://www.corsair.com/en/gaming-pe...fps-laser-gaming-mouse-white-artic-white.html

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
0.1%.... Gaaaah. In my defence I let my mate play on my account occasionally :(

Looks at that hacker SPM! You've been playing too much CQC.

bigben

Master Poster
0.1%.... Gaaaah. In my defence I let my mate play on my account occasionally :(

Face it Sam, I'm just better than you :p

Looks at that hacker SPM! You've been playing too much CQC.

Haha, I play rush more often than CQC. Just throw ammo packs, 1000s of easy points because I'm the only person who doesn't use the ammo class to camp in a corner with an LMG :) (like the last game I played where I had the resupply ribbon 5 times in the space of about 3 minutes) edit: My mate Nath's SPM is 810 on the Xbox, just playing rush.

Don't know why my skill went down so much though, last time I looked it was about 900 :S

Last edited:

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Skill is based on killing people who are higher ranked than you so if you've been promoted a lot recently it's more likely to go down than up... Everytime you get killed by like a level 20 it drops a stupid amount.

Kinda regretting formatting my hard drive now as I don't want to go through the pain of reinstalling BF3. Are you definitely getting BF4 on release alex?

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Corsair M65? 3 adjustable DPI settings conveniently located, 'Sniper' button on the side that brings the DPI down even further for those long range headshots. Comfortable to use although not ergonomic as such, it's quite a short mouse so you can't just relax your hand on it otherwise the bottom of your palm will probably be on your desk. Very decent software to configure the buttons and DPI settings, goes up to 8000-odd.

http://www.corsair.com/en/gaming-pe...fps-laser-gaming-mouse-white-artic-white.html

I just received my new M65 black and its a dream!

bigben

Master Poster
Skill is based on killing people who are higher ranked than you so if you've been promoted a lot recently it's more likely to go down than up... Everytime you get killed by like a level 20 it drops a stupid amount.

Kinda regretting formatting my hard drive now as I don't want to go through the pain of reinstalling BF3. Are you definitely getting BF4 on release alex?

What a stupid, insignificant stat. I'm playing well and getting loads of points and promoted and apparently I'm less skillful as a result?! Skill level should be some sort of combination of W/L, objective playing (# of flags/mcom stations captured / defended), SPM and K/D.

Yeah I have BF3 on my SSD by accident but don't want to have to redownload it onto my HDD.

Yes, definitely getting BF4. Preordered the disc copy from green man gaming, was cheaper than digi download for some reason.

bigben

Master Poster
Calm it peasants... ;)

Lol. Nobody actually cares about accuracy do they?! I was just making a point about how Sam sits at the back of the map with his sniper button and still has a significantly worse accuracy than me.. :p
Seriously though, you can't show us your accuracy without the rest of the stats.

disclaimer: I have no idea if Grimezy sits at the back of the map or not - I'm too busy killing everybody to see what other people are doing.

bigben

Master Poster
Amazing win loss because team player.

Haha. My w/l is pants (0.9 compared to the 2.14 I had on xbox) because although I play the objective I usually seem to get put a team with people who don't. Wish they would reward you for team playing, for example double points for killing enemies within a certain distance of the mcom station your team has just planted IMO would make it more fun and competitive.