No Audio on new PC

The audio will also be listed on the HDMI as your monitor has got a headphone jack too so there will be passthrough sound to it from your desktop to the monitor - have you tried plugging your headphones in there?
Plugged the headphones into the monitor jack & it works!
So i'll need to get an extender for the mic cable. This still does not explain why the onboard audio refuses to work though

This is one of the rare times where overclockers has got it wrong, on the AOC site, it defintely doesn't list any speakers

As I said, any HDMI source will show as an audio device even if they don't have speakers.

That monitor has a headphone out so has audio pass through, but no speakers.
Thankyou for correcting me, it is much appreciated

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Could the nvidia audio drivers be involved?
It’s working fine, it’s just set as the monitor as default which has no speakers. Plugging the headphones into the monitor which is the current output will no doubt produce sound fine.

Now you just have to plug the headphone and mic back into the pc and double check the audio sources.
If it’s not being registered at all, it’s likely the ports aren’t properly connected to the motherboard audio outs.

Bhuna50

Author Level
OK - the way to now test the 3.5mm jacks on your desktop:

Plug in your headphones to the jack

When this then shows that the headphones are plugged in:

1617916709816.png

Right click it and set it to default.

D

Deleted member 17413

Can I grab them from GeForce experience?
You appear to have them, and dont want them...
From what ive read they can cause issues, common advice here is to use DDU to clear out all graphics drivers and associated stuff then do a fresh install of them, choose custom and untick the audio driver option (and geforce too normally...thats another story)

The drivers youll get through windows update should be correct anyway.

D

Deleted member 17413

It’s working fine, it’s just set as the monitor as default which has no speakers. Plugging the headphones into the monitor which is the current output will no doubt produce sound fine.

Now you just have to plug the headphone and mic back into the pc and double check the audio sources.
If it’s not being registered at all, it’s likely the ports aren’t properly connected to the motherboard audio outs.
Ah ok.
It was just a thought, I know theyve been mentioned as being troublemakers before.

So its now working on the ports on the PC after plugging it into the monitor?

So issue fixed haha.

Does anyone know from the steps we have taken what actually resolved this issue, just for my own learning.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Sometimes the output will automatically change when it detects the jacks being used - sometimes it just needs an unplug and plug in again, other times it needs a quick change of the output to confirm.

you can usually do this through the icon in the bottom right corner easily.

when you left click it and then left click the wording above the volume bar for the output - it lists other outputs available like this:

1617917460328.png