Noisy Corsair TX750 PSU

Tallpaulos

Enthusiast
Hi,

So if anyone noticed a previous post about my desktop making an annoying noise (that is now getting louder), I have worked out it is the PSU. It is making the same noise as this, but MUCH louder (assuming I can link to YouTube on here);

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tAPmJVDc4k

Is this faulty or is there something I can try to fix it? I'm going to email PCS now so will update this tomorrow to aid anyone else with the same issue.

I'm not looking forward to ruining the lovely (rather complicated, spaghetti-junction-esque) PCS cabled-tied wiring if I need to replace!!!

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Probably best to give them a call mate, they can take up to three days to respond to emails.

Tallpaulos

Enthusiast
So, PCS said that whilst a quiet noise is expected on a lot of the latest PSUs under load, mine is making far too much noise. Replacement on the way; not looking foward to switching it myself but I'm sure I'll enjoy it once I get started! I'm going to have to accept that it won't be as neat and tidy any more...

Thanks to PCS for a perfect resolution...again!

Tallpaulos

Enthusiast
So, in case this thread is of interest to anyone further down the line, the replacement PSU came today; fitted it just now (phew!) and the noise has COMPLETELY disappeared, even when playing games. Clearly something went (slightly) wrong with the old one....hopefully it doesn't return over the next few months!

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
So, in case this thread is of interest to anyone further down the line, the replacement PSU came today; fitted it just now (phew!) and the noise has COMPLETELY disappeared, even when playing games. Clearly something went (slightly) wrong with the old one....hopefully it doesn't return over the next few months!
Glad you got it sorted + rep. :)

Tallpaulos

Enthusiast
Aaarrggghhh...I'm now getting some kind of coil whine/buzz when I move the cursor. It's either the new Corsair TX750PSU, or a result of me installing it. I'm going to re-insert every connection tonight and isolate the source, change the power saving settings in the bios (tip via google) and try a different mouse (tip via google), but does anybody have any suggestions before I pop her open?

Note that other people report the same problem;

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=120345