Noisy PC

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Doing that will void your warranty
PCS has open case policy, so no it doesn't void warranty,
We are aloud to customize our PC's.
Just to confirm, @Martinr36 is absolutely correct, and getting a local shop rather than PCS to do any work will void your warranty as per the terms and conditions:

7.9We reserve the right to suspend the warranty or refuse service if your Case, Motherboard, CPU or BIOS have been replaced without authorisation.
Any tampering, repair or modification by unauthorised personnel voids the warranty.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just to confirm, @Martinr36 is absolutely correct, and getting a local shop rather than PCS to do any work will void your warranty as per the terms and conditions:

7.9We reserve the right to suspend the warranty or refuse service if your Case, Motherboard, CPU or BIOS have been replaced without authorisation.
Any tampering, repair or modification by unauthorised personnel voids the warranty.

I was actually thinking of this clause:

7.10Should you take any goods purchased from us to a 3rd party and have them attempt to diagnose or repair a fault on the computer, you may VOID all warranties on the order and we will not cover the costs of any onsite or call out charges as we do not provide or charge you for onsite warranties. If you have any problems with your order you must contact us for advice and if necessary obtain an RMA number and return the item to us through the specified returns procedure.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Before changing the CPU cooler and the associated cost, I’d check that it’s def the source of the noise. One way to do this is to unplug it from the fan header when cpu is idle for just a few seconds. This won’t cause any damage as the cpu won’t heat up to dangerous levels if you only have the fan off for a short period. That will allow you to confirm it’s the source.

One other item to look at is your hard drive. I had the same HDD in my build and was surprised at how loud it was, even when not being accessed. So I swapped it for a SSD and that reduced the acoustic levels. But took me a few tries to source the noise to the drive.

Logicdon

Ok, so I guess changing the cooler is out. Feel like I'm bent over a barrel here.

Guess I'll just have to get used to it. Probably the worst £1.5k I've ever spent, but lessons have been learnt.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Probably just replacing the fan would be enough to make it quieter. You can get the Arctic P12 for £5 on Amazon right now. I'm not sure how the mounting works on the FrostFlow 150, but I doubt it's difficult.

Logicdon

Probably just replacing the fan would be enough to make it quieter. You can get the Arctic P12 for £5 on Amazon right now. I'm not sure how the mounting works on the FrostFlow 150, but I doubt it's difficult.
I have a 'be quiet' pure wings 2 120mm on hand, but as I said, I'm a bit nervous messing with CPU cooling and stuff. That is why I would rather a professional do it. I don't get why it is ok for me to do it, but asking someone else to do it for a bit of cash is not!

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I have a 'be quiet' pure wings 2 120mm on hand, but as I said, I'm a bit nervous messing with CPU cooling and stuff. That is why I would rather a professional do it. I don't get why it is ok for me to do it, but asking someone else to do it for a bit of cash is not!
Looking at the pic of the Frostflow on PCS site it looks like the pure wings would work, by just clipping it on at the corners like the existing fan. Certainly a less complex change than replacing the entire cooler. Assuming you can get the clips on and off easily with the cooler stack in place.

If you were to replace the entire cooler, I'd be looking at something from Noctua or BeQuiet for acoustic performance.

Edit: Although you'll need two fans in total to replace the existing I've just realised.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I don't get why it is ok for me to do it, but asking someone else to do it for a bit of cash is not!
You're perfectly allowed to do that, but it needs to be PCS if it's another professional.

You can't expect PCS to vouch for someone claiming they've done a professional job without knowing their credentials, how else do they apply warranty on what could be butchered replacement parts, as well as possibly second hand.

Logicdon

Ye I get that.

I was just thinking I'd buy my own, like maybe a noctua or something and then get it fitted as I've never fitted a cooler myself and I'm a bit worried of messing something up. I have seen many videos and it does look simple, but I would be quite anxious fitting it.

I was thinking of sending it back to PCS for them to do it, but 70 quid just for delivery is a bit much.

I'll probably just live with it, it's not an issue when gaming or general pc use, just annoying when watching videos.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ye I get that.

I was just thinking I'd buy my own, like maybe a noctua or something and then get it fitted as I've never fitted a cooler myself and I'm a bit worried of messing something up. I have seen many videos and it does look simple, but I would be quite anxious fitting it.

I was thinking of sending it back to PCS for them to do it, but 70 quid just for delivery is a bit much.

I'll probably just live with it, it's not an issue when gaming or general pc use, just annoying when watching videos.
The fan change should be really easy, much easier than replacing the whole cooler (though personally I don't think that's all that difficult either!). And it's very easily reversible. I'd definitely give it a try, personally, as you have the decent PWM fan lying around...

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ye I get that.

Be brave my son! (Or daughter)