NVidia 3000 series confirmed details

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
The expected dates will be based on their expected delivery of the 3090. I wouldn't read too much into it as if the supplier doesn't come through with the goods, PCS isn't either.

Consider this..... imagine each of you waiting were actually purchasing this PC on behalf of a relative or a friend. Each day they would ask you when their PC was going to be ready and they would be feeling irked that each day you were giving them a different date. As time goes on they would get very annoyed with you even though it wasn't actually your fault, it was PCSs fault for not supplying the PC on time........ but wait, here is a crazy notion..... what if we all applied that same logic to the position that PCS are in........ ;)

Unlike ourselves, as people blaming others and pointing the finger (I include myself, don't take offence), PCS are attempting to remain professional and taking the heat on their shoulders as much as they can..... whether or not there is an NDA to this affect is anyones guess though. NDA or no NDA I firmly believe that PCS would handle the situation the same. Give expected build dates as accurately as they can while pushing the suppliers for the parts they need.

D

Deleted member 103489

The expected dates will be based on their expected delivery of the 3090. I wouldn't read too much into it as if the supplier doesn't come through with the goods, PCS isn't either.

Consider this..... imagine each of you waiting were actually purchasing this PC on behalf of a relative or a friend. Each day they would ask you when their PC was going to be ready and they would be feeling irked that each day you were giving them a different date. As time goes on they would get very annoyed with you even though it wasn't actually your fault, it was PCSs fault for not supplying the PC on time........ but wait, here is a crazy notion..... what if we all applied that same logic to the position that PCS are in........ ;)

Unlike ourselves as people blaming others and pointing the finger (I include myself, don't take offence), PCS are attempting to remain professional and taking the heat on their shoulders as much as they can..... whether or not there is an NDA to this affect is anyones guess though. NDA or no NDA I firmly believe that PCS would handle the situation the same. Give expected build dates as accurately as they can while pushing the suppliers for the parts they need.
Well said scott, could not have said it better myself.

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster
Amen šŸ™

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201007-080526_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20201007-080526_Email.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 221

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
Amen šŸ™
the now famous email asking you to disregard the email from yesterday.... :')

to the guys who received the email saying the built would be done on the 7th of october, any update ?
mine is supposed to be built tomorrow (ahem...) so even tho im asked to disregard the email, i still have a bit of hope as apparently some websites are now catching up on orders.

Just to clarify the way I understand the 3080 delivery issue.

I purchased a new PC via PCS on the release day 17-09-2020. Since then I have received various AUTOMATED EMAILS every 5 days. Each email pushes the date back by a week.

Last week I received the email about 3080 stock and quickly understood the line '"ignore any automated emails".

I'm not angry I'm just don't want people to get excited about the automated emails that state the build time if it includes a 3x card.

I ordered late afternoon on the 17th and when I receive I will confirm here so people can get a rough idea.

sebinou

Bronze Level Poster
Just to clarify the way I understand the 3080 delivery issue.

I purchased a new PC via PCS on the release day 17-09-2020. Since then I have received various AUTOMATED EMAILS every 5 days. Each email pushes the date back by a week.

Last week I received the email about 3080 stock and quickly understood the line '"ignore any automated emails".

I'm not angry I'm just don't want people to get excited about the automated emails that state the build time if it includes a 3x card.

I ordered late afternoon on the 17th and when I receive I will confirm here so people can get a rough idea.
same as you good sir.
But i just can not ignore the automated email as it just plant this idea of "what if this is actually the right date ?".
i personally created a new folder where those automated emails go... so i dont see them, and dont have to ignore them :)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Maybe someone should start a new thread about 3080 orders so we can see how long builds are actually taking ?
How will that help? It's still going to take as long as it takes.

I fully appreciate the terrible frustration of not knowing when you can expect your new PC, and the desire to glean any information you can about when it might be arriving, but none of that will get your PC built any faster. What it will do however is create yet more disinformation and disappointment when the dates you 'calculate' also turn out to be wildly inaccurate.

There are several keys items of information, to which nobody on here has access, which are critical to everyone's build date...

1. The number of builds in the queue with a 3080 in their order.
2. When PCS actually receive the next stock of 3080's.
3. How many 3080's are in that delivery.
4. How regular those deliveries of 3080's are going forward.

For example, if PCS receive (say) 20 x 3080 cards today then 20 builds will go out tomorrow, but if it's another 5 days before they get another delivery, and if that delivery only has 10 x 3080 cards in it, then the order to ship dates of future builds will be very different to the 20 that were built today. Comparing build dates, even for builds ordered minutes apart, is thus a fruitless exercise - you might as well consult wet seaweed.

It's unfortunate that the automated emails (introduced by the way, to provide more reliable information on build dates than the website estimator was advertising when the COVID crisis forced PCS to radically reduce their staffing levels) are now being rendered useless by the failure of stock deliveries. I appreciate that wrong information is as bad as no information but it's difficult to see what PCS could do differently. When your whole build estimation system is built on just-in-time deliveries of stock, any failures of these deliveries is bound to have a big impact. PCS have at least warned everyone that because of unreliable stock deliveries these emails should be ignored.

I think this thread is very important for mutual support - nobody wants to feel that they're the only one - and publishing information given to you personally by PCS is fine (as long as it's not in confidence), but please don't extrapolate or speculate - and please stay calm, reasonable and polite. :)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

I fully appreciate the terrible frustration of not knowing when you can expect your new PC, and the desire to glean any information you can about when it might be arriving, but none of that will get your PC built any faster. What it will do however is create yet more disinformation and disappointment when the dates you 'calculate' also turn out to be wildly inaccurate.

There are several keys items of information, to which nobody on here has access, which are critical to everyone's build date...

For example, if PCS receive (say) 20 x 3080 cards today then 20 builds will go out tomorrow, but if it's another 5 days before they get another delivery, and if that delivery only has 10 x 3080 cards in it, then the order to ship dates of future builds will be very different to the 20 that were built today. Comparing build dates, even for builds ordered minutes apart, is thus a fruitless exercise - you might as well consult wet seaweed.

It's unfortunate that the automated emails (introduced by the way, to provide more reliable information on build dates than the website estimator was advertising when the COVID crisis forced PCS to radically reduce their staffing levels) are now being rendered useless by the failure of stock deliveries. I appreciate that wrong information is as bad as no information but it's difficult to see what PCS could do differently. When your whole build estimation system is built on just-in-time deliveries of stock, any failures of these deliveries is bound to have a big impact. PCS have at least warned everyone that because of unreliable stock deliveries these emails should be ignored.

I think this thread is very important for mutual support - nobody wants to feel that they're the only one - and publishing information given to you personally by PCS is fine (as long as it's not in confidence), but please don't extrapolate or speculate - and please stay calm, reasonable and polite. :)
5) The number of orders of other PC's and laptops that dont involve this one bit that PCS have still got to get out to their other customers

mia.stoner

Bronze Level Poster

I knew that the crack was when ordering. I'm just intrigued to know how long people are waitingšŸ¤£

zweenzta

Gold Level Poster
I knew that the crack was when ordering. I'm just intrigued to know how long people are waitingšŸ¤£
100% agree. I ordered the ROG too and seeing people say they have their machines built / arrived with their 3080 makes me ask "was this a ROG card or not" every time. So to know of the first ROG delivery would suit me more than general updates personally.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
5) The number of orders of other PC's and laptops that dont involve this one bit that PCS have still got to get out to their other customers
I'd agree that emails for non RTX 30XX customers should be more reliable, but there's no way for us to know how these issues are affecting the automated systems.

I certainly don't agree that the number of other PCs and laptops is something that is anyone's business but PCS.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Totally agree with you, the point i was trying to make is that PCS have to get their limited staff to build orders for folk who aren't including this bit in their builds as well as those who do

D

Deleted member 103489

Ooops does link not work, hopefully mod can edit that for me.. it was linked to this which I found funny

Attachments

• 5955C116-226B-4848-BBC7-E4050EF2FE90.jpeg
    5955C116-226B-4848-BBC7-E4050EF2FE90.jpeg
    333.7 KB · Views: 199