Occasional freezing of graphical output

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I shall do!

I had a quick trawl through the PCS tech support listings, and I've seen a few people posting with crashes/freezes, and they were all ASUS/AMD combo. Could just be coincidence, of course, but I suspect there's something going on behind the scenes.
yeah, it's connected somehow with W11 as never happened with W10

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
yeah, be good to get a fix, happened to me this morning while i was trying to update the firmware on my bike motor, which i ended up doing on the laptop instead

Frogbox

Let us know how it goes, as I'm having similar since updating to 11 on the Berserker, which is 5900x & ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F motherboard
Chiming in to say I've still not had a crash. Granted it hasn't been that long.

Played an hour of CP2077 yesterday, all fine. Downloaded F1 2019 over lunch today (so about an hour and a bit), all fine.

Might as well join in. I have the same MB/CPU combo as the OP and it's happened to me about half a dozen times since I got the PC a couple of months ago - once when only Edge and Outlook were open (I don't game). Following advice in another thread, I updated the chipset drivers a few days ago, hopefully that'll work; I'll report back if it doesn't. The same thread also advised updating the GPU drivers but I thought it better not to do two fixes at the same time.

Damn, spoke to soon, just happened again (Outlook, Edge and Paint Shop Pro open). I've not been using the PC since my last post, so it might be when coming out of sleep; thinking back on the others, that may well be the case.

Frogbox

Damn, spoke to soon, just happened again (Outlook, Edge and Paint Shop Pro open). I've not been using the PC since my last post, so it might be when coming out of sleep; thinking back on the others, that may well be the case.
You could try disabling C-state in the BIOS, plenty others seem to have had some success.

I'm a stock notification away from buying an Xbox Series X and waiting for patches.