OCZ Vertex 3 SSD

Tracker

Enthusiast
My 240g Vertex 3 is playing rather nicely at the moment, though i have noticed that whenever i boot up my machine, it'll go to the R.O.G Splash screen, note "no harddrive detected", then seemingly reset, go to R.O.G Splash screen, then load up.. is that normal? Doesn't seem to cause any problems or so, just seems, odd.

samx300

Enthusiast
My 240g Vertex 3 is playing rather nicely at the moment, though i have noticed that whenever i boot up my machine, it'll go to the R.O.G Splash screen, note "no harddrive detected", then seemingly reset, go to R.O.G Splash screen, then load up.. is that normal? Doesn't seem to cause any problems or so, just seems, odd.

I faced a similar issue when I received a recent BSOD. The system refused to detect my 120GB Vertex 3. I turned the system off for a couple of mins and rebooted - all was then fine.

PS* Nice system you got there :) Similar config to mine. Do you have some pics? :p

Tracker

Enthusiast
I faced a similar issue when I received a recent BSOD. The system refused to detect my 120GB Vertex 3. I turned the system off for a couple of mins and rebooted - all was then fine.

PS* Nice system you got there :) Similar config to mine. Do you have some pics? :p

It's not even a case of not detecting it per se, it's almost as if the System is loading up faster than it can detect the harddrives! i'm half wondering if i've got a setting for it scanning additional drives (e.g,the hot swappable bays) and thats what the message pertains to, again it doesn't come up with anything beyond that and it all works fine afterwards, boot time from pressing the power button to the windows logon screen is around 15 seconds which i'm absolutely loving at the moment.

have a couple of pics up but until i figure a way of getting my proper camera uploading the pics, the ones from my iphone will have to do x3 it's in the pc show off section as "my gaming rig".

samx300

Enthusiast
It's not even a case of not detecting it per se, it's almost as if the System is loading up faster than it can detect the harddrives! i'm half wondering if i've got a setting for it scanning additional drives (e.g,the hot swappable bays) and thats what the message pertains to, again it doesn't come up with anything beyond that and it all works fine afterwards, boot time from pressing the power button to the windows logon screen is around 15 seconds which i'm absolutely loving at the moment.

have a couple of pics up but until i figure a way of getting my proper camera uploading the pics, the ones from my iphone will have to do x3 it's in the pc show off section as "my gaming rig".

Well, I hope you get your Vertex 3 issue soon mate :)

And we need proper pictures ! When possible please ;)

Tracker

Enthusiast
Well, I hope you get your Vertex 3 issue soon mate :)

And we need proper pictures ! When possible please ;)

i'm not even sure if it's a problem with the vertex 3, it may be looking for additional harddrives, it may be one of the other harddrives! I'll be uploading proper pictures later on as i'm opening the case up again to fiddle with the sound card cabling x3