Office download problem

Cassick

Hello all

I've had to do a full new windows 7 install on my new machine due to bad setup/prep or whatever at the factory. As a result, office isn't on my machine so i went to download it (www.office.com/backup)but every time (I did it a lot) I typed the code in--not the key code--that wobbly style confirmation thing, it said i was entering the wrong characters. I really wasn't, I've done that sort of code entry loads of times. Anyone know what the problem is? I'm officeless and diskless at the moment. I'm a fan of this company, this is my third machine but this time I'm not having such a good experience.

Thanks

Cassick

Rakk

The Awesome
It's possible that the CAPTCHA (that's the name for the squiggly letters thing) on the office site was just playing silly buggers if that's the only thing it was complaining about (I don't know what the page you were trying to submit actually required to get to the next page) - if it is a problem on the office site, then there's absolutely nothing PCS can do about it, since it's not their site :)
You could try again maybe tomorrow or during the week and see if it's working by then.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Are you talking about the FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 offered by PCS?
If so,best get in touch with them though I'm not sure if they could help or not.
If this is the case a better option would be to download LibreOffice from here,
http://www.libreoffice.org/download
LibreOffice is the "new" OpenOffice, when Oracle bought OpenOffice last year, a complete copy of all the OpenOffice code was maintained open-source, and thats what LibreOffice is.
It has everything MS Office has to offer for the average user.
Glad to see you got your system up and running,thanks for posting back :(
edit,apologies,I just noticed your PM.

Last edited:

Cassick

Thanks Rak and Vanthus

It's the student edition so I'll be getting my money's worth one way or another, even if it has to go back to the factory. I suspect it's just a weekend site issue though from Microsoft's end, there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to download it.

Cheers

Cassick