Online PC gaming?

Dubbie

I may sound like a complete n00b but still, How do i sign up for a Online PC account, is it like LIVE/PSN or do i even need an account? I recently bought a high spec PC from PCS so i will be wanting to Go online, but i dont know what pc gaming is like as in account wise..
Any help?
Thanks

Kalisnoir

Super Star
To elaborate abit more on Gormans post, some games require you to register an account for example all of Blizzard's games (Starcraft, World of Warcraft, Diablo) require you to sign up to Battle.net before you can play. EA and Ubisoft are also examples of companies that require you to register to play their games online, however there are some games that don't require a login and merely use the CD Key of the game however these are usually games that are by smaller publishers.

Dubbie

Thanks, :)
i did wonder something like that because when i install R:TW it asks me if i want GameSpy so i can play online blah blah blah,
but thanks for being really clear about it :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Not mentioned yet on here is steam, which is the main platform for PC allowing you to chat and dow load and play games, origin is also a close second but is only for EA games, whereas steam has a majority of pc games on there

Kalisnoir

Super Star
Not mentioned yet on here is steam, which is the main platform for PC allowing you to chat and dow load and play games, origin is also a close second but is only for EA games, whereas steam has a majority of pc games on there

I think Origin is branching out though I think I read somewhere. (Emphasis on think)