Only one display is showing

Sintect

Hello, I have recently encountered a problem with PC.

It's only letting me have one monitor work at a time when I have all three connected, but if I try switching them round they work fine? All suggestions appreciated :) thanks in advance

steaky360

It's only letting me have one monitor work at a time when I have all three connected, but if I try switching them round they work fine? All suggestions appreciated :) thanks in advance

Could you explain what you mean by switching them round? I guess you mean they all work individually?

What graphics card are you using?

Sintect

If I unplug two DVI cables I will get a signal on another monitor (I'm using three) and my cards are nvidia gtx580s in sli

steaky360

If I unplug two DVI cables I will get a signal on another monitor (I'm using three) and my cards are nvidia gtx580s in sli

If you check out this page http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/3dvision-surround/system-requirements

It will show you which ports to use on your cards so you can get all 3 monitors working in surround :)

EDIT:

nvidiaw.jpg

Last edited:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace

Are you trying to set up Nvidia Surround or Extend.

Surround: All the displays are treated as one huge display, your Windows Task Bar goes across all three displays at once, your game launches across all three displays at once.
Extend: Each display is treated as its own display. Your Windows Task Bar is only on your primary display and your games only launch on your Primary display.
First you need to connect 2 monitors to the top card and 1 to the bottom card,preferably all DVI if possible.
For Surround enable SLI and Surround in Nvidia control panel.
For Extend you need to disable SLI,then setup in the usual way,right-click on the desktop and choose Screen resolution,now you should see 1,2 and 3 to distinguish which monitor is which.you can then set them to duplicate or extend,to choose your main display monitor,tick the box "make this my main display"
you can also reposition the displays by dragging them to the positions you require.

Last edited: