Optimus II won't boot

cometa

My Optimus II has developed a slight problem today - it refuses to boot. It boots to the BIOS splash screen and hangs. It requests my password, I input it, it accepts it, then just hangs on the StyleNote splash screen.

I've had this problem before but it resolved itself within an hour. This time it has been going on for several hours.

I've tried it with and without a harddrive. I've tried LiveCDs. I just can't get it to work.

Please help.

Thanks in advance,
Nathan

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Try a start up repair.
Insert windows7 os disk, & tap f8 key on startup.
This will bring up boot menu,choose optical drive as boot source,then press any key to boot from the windows7 disc.choose preferences for language & time.
Click on repair your computer.
Click on start up repair.
Might be worth trying a system restore first from the same location.

cometa

Unfortunately that doesn't work. Windows doesn't even start to load because it hangs at the splash screen.

I forgot to mention that if I hit F2, it highlights the setup option on the splash screen, but it doesn't load anything. The same happens for F7 and the boot selection menu.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Hm,If you cant boot from disk or into bios settings & I'm assuming you cant boot in safe mode
I'm at a loss,maybe best call tech support.

paul1224

Bit of a long shot but if you have anything plugged into the laptop when trying to boot (like a USB port) take it out and try to boot.

Sometimes these types of devices can confuse matters butif you don't have anything plugged in (externally) when trying to boot then not sure.

cometa

For the record, I called tech support and there was nothing that they could do over the phone, so I'm currently in the process of returning it to them to have it fixed.

dangro474

Bright Spark
You may have already tried this, but have you tried to re-seat the RAM and attempt to boot the system with only one module, swapping slots etc etc?

If you are able to enter the system BIOS, try checking the temperature of your CPU. If it is overheating then you will need to RMA it, but at least you'll know.